Where is the fuse box in my A3?

sharma

Reaction score
Hi,

When using my indicators they work but they also cut off themselves and i have to indicate again. This is continually happening. I am trying to locate my fusebox in my A3. Does anyone know where this is? (its on a 52 plate).

Thanks.

there is a panel on the side of the dash (drivers side) as you open the door, the fuses are behind there

Mike

Thanks, i just found that. The reason i wanted to know where the fuse box is located is because in my MK2 Golf there would be a relay there and that was normally the cause of the problem. I cannot see a relay here.

Does anyone know what is causing me this problem? The indicator works fine sometimes, it cuts of other times, and sometimes when the indicators are on the pattern is rather strange. Also in the fuse box compartment there is big sticker which contains numbers for each type of fuse. However i cannot figure out which number is for which fuse?

The numbers can be found in your handbook - it doesnt sound like a fuse issue to me tho, more likely the stalk itself i'd say

Sounds like it may be the relay

I thought it may be the relay but the hazards seem to be working??

The hazard warning switch has dual relays for the indicators and the hazard switch.

9 times out of 10 strange indicator problems are caused by the hazard switch.

Simon

Thanks for that, it was the relay. I read an old post here and it said the hazard switch has 2 relay's. One for the hazards and one for the indicators. I replaced the hazard switch which contains the relay's and it solved the problem.