Which Suspension?? (for 1.8TQ)

Peety

Jumped ship to BMW...
Reaction score
Hi,

not been on this for a while, but I am in need of some serious advice :sos:. I own an Audi 1.8TQ (02'plate) and I'm struggling to decide on suspension, I know which wheels I'll be getting, a set of 18", the rears will be 9.5" and the fronts will be 8.5"...so could I get away with 30 or 25mm drop? But what should I get? :uhm: I don't want to spend stupid amounts money...Ideally I want a nice low (ish) look, but still keep the smooth ride...

All advice appreciated...

Cheers!
P.

whats best the blistein setup or KW coilovers?

Ooh, very tough choice!

Personally i'd say for everyday use then the Bilstein B8s and H&R springs but that's what i'm running on mine so i would say that!

They also work out abit cheaper then the KW V1 coilovers so there's another reason.

Don't get me wrong though, the KW coilovers are one of the best if not the best range of coilovers on the market and if you want to be able to set the height to exactly how you want it then the KW V1's are the ones to go for.

If your money is vast then go for the KW V3's which are fully adjustable but have a tidy price tag of £1059, the ultimate suspension for the track though!

HTH

Damian @ DPM

Cheers! Bilsteins seems to be the one everyone talks about...so best to say just springs and shocks needed...would you recommend changing anything else to improve the ride and handling...in terms of suspension? Apologies if these sound dumb, but I made major errors on Golf mk3 previously, and only the best for Audi wil do now!

H&R ARBs come highly recommended from myself (also run them on our S3) as they eliminate the S3 stupid amount of body roll and match the Bilstein/H&R setup perfectly!

i have KW coilovers on my s3 wound down completely at the front and no spring platform / adjuster at the rear and it rides like a standard car. Best suspension ever IMO