Remap places near to Southampton

mattosmond

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just bought an A3 1.8T and am looking to get it remapped - stage/phase 1 to close to 200bhp. Can anyone recommend a good company that is near me or a company that will do a mobile service to my house?

Could someone please give tell me which is the best chip for more torque and easy every day driving with? What happens to the fuel economy is it effected adversly?

Cheers
matt :thumbsup:

beatler repairs
Unit 1
Cross House Road
Southampton SO145GZ
UK
Phone: 02380227766
Revo dealers could give you a 5 hour trial

so when people talk about revo chips being harsh and the revs dying earlier than on other chips is this true? does it make the car worse to drive?

the revo chip is an aggressive style of map, and it does feel very quick out on the road.

The issue some people have, is that it gives such a big surge low down, that it leaves the higher rev range feeling a bit flat. It's still quicker, but the huge low down punch makes the top end feel a little flat.

this is very true as I was able to get a quick 0-60 time but the quarter mile was 14.6!!

well thats the thing - i am not really a 0-60 kind of person, i live in the country a likw having good mid to top end power for overtaking etc is there a remap that is especially good for this style of driving?

I personally dont rate Revo but thats just me. For all their hype the Revo'd cars Ive tried never matched up to quite what I expectd. But then on here a Revo'd Facelift S3 with a LCR Spillter and some RS4s is the ultimate scooby eating machine :p

Stay away from Regal/VAG Tuner in Soton, their useless and their rollers are waaaaay overly optomistic. Tho they do use GIAC, which Im a fan of (but dont personally use)

Tims VW 02393 375550, its in Paulsgrove, near Portsmouth. Go and ask for Tim Barnard and tell him a bloke called Mike with an absolute red S3 recommended you went to see him. Then ask for the REVO trial enuf said!!;)

Ive gotta say only get the Revo trial if its Revo you want. The map it reverts to after is Rev map similar to the standard map, not identical tho. Plus if you had that map trial then decided you wanted MTM/CustomCode/GIAC then you find they have a real time trying to overwrite the Revo 'generic' map

:haha:Revo on an A3 might be a bit harsh as they go from nothing to ballistic! Completely different to the S3........:footy:

Same basic engine, just a slightly smaller turbo as standard

You got your ticket for Wembly yet mate? Im gonna be at the Ring so will be scouring the area for a bar showing it on Sky!

Grathies, where abouts in Pompey are you, I'd like to see what an MTM car goes like? Thats if you're not too p#ssed from celebrating yesterday:beerchug::):):):)

Im actually in G'port mate! Do make it over Pompey a fair bit tho so will pop over some time and see you with it. Gotta be honest, 350bhp in an S3 isnt as hot as youd expect it to be, its a great cruiser tho for motorway roll ons etc... suffers off the lights tho

Where abouts in the 'Grove is Tims VW? Ive heard about them from a mate but never got an answer on it. Is it Tim who was from Beetle Exchange?

Gotta get 7 tickets, 3 for me, the missus and daughter an then 4 more for my brother and his kids!:banghead:

Tims VW is in Jubilee Avenue, its what used to be german and swedish, Tim used to own it along time ago under the name BCL, he then partnered G&S until they bought him out and nows he's bought it back again....sort of!:blink:

It would be interesting to see if your MTM car is as quick as my scooby??

what sort of price should i be looking at for a stage 1 going from 150bhp to around maybe just below 200bhp?

ScoobyRA, I never realised you were from pompey! I've not seen the car about before.....

the 3 of us should all meet up sometime. The only car meets I ever see round here are saxos and starlets up on the hill!

Im in Southampton and got my S3 remapped not long back by Custom Code.

I used their mobile service (which is free) and they came to my house and did all the work in an hour or so, i also had a forge 007p fitted and a green panel filter too. I highly reccomend the map and the service they provided. plus a pretty good deal for £430ish for the lot including VAT.

Check the Custom Code thread for at the bottom of the forum page for their contact details.

ScoobyRA, I never realised you were from pompey! I've not seen the car about before.....

the 3 of us should all meet up sometime. The only car meets I ever see round here are saxos and starlets up on the hill!

Only bought it about a month ago mate, been driving round in a silver 1.8t for the last year since my scooby blew up:3sadwalk:

right, just spoken to custom code - they are doing 30% off at the mo so it works out to be £246 for the map and then £96 for the 007p diverter valve...
So £340ish all in done at my place of work is that a good deal? sounds pretty reasonable to me. opinions please - is the CC chip good?

right, just spoken to custom code - they are doing 30% off at the mo so it works out to be £246 for the map and then £96 for the 007p diverter valve...
So £340ish all in done at my place of work is that a good deal? sounds pretty reasonable to me. opinions please - is the CC chip good?

Same deal i got basically and i am very happy with the results!!

Hey guys im from portsmouth looking for somewhere to take my car to have a few things done to it, like fit an intercooler,fit my boost gauges and turbo timer any ideas guys?

Cheers
Nick