Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Remap places near to Southampton

Hi all,

I have just bought an A3 1.8T and am looking to get it remapped - stage/phase 1 to close to 200bhp. Can anyone recommend a good company that is near me or a company that will do a mobile service to my house?

Could someone please give tell me which is the best chip for more torque and easy every day driving with? What happens to the fuel economy is it effected adversly?

Cheers
    matt

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    JKM in Pompey are excellent:
    http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/index.htm
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

Status
    beatler repairs
    Unit 1
    Cross House Road
    Southampton SO145GZ
    UK
    Phone: 02380227766
    Revo dealers could give you a 5 hour trial

Neutral

Status
    so when people talk about revo chips being harsh and the revs dying earlier than on other chips is this true? does it make the car worse to drive?

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    the revo chip is an aggressive style of map, and it does feel very quick out on the road.

The issue some people have, is that it gives such a big surge low down, that it leaves the higher rev range feeling a bit flat. It's still quicker, but the huge low down punch makes the top end feel a little flat.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Status
    this is very true as I was able to get a quick 0-60 time but the quarter mile was 14.6!!

Neutral

Status
    well thats the thing - i am not really a 0-60 kind of person, i live in the country a likw having good mid to top end power for overtaking etc is there a remap that is especially good for this style of driving?

More Points Than Portsmouth FC

Status
    I personally dont rate Revo but thats just me. For all their hype the Revo'd cars Ive tried never matched up to quite what I expectd. But then on here a Revo'd Facelift S3 with a LCR Spillter and some RS4s is the ultimate scooby eating machine

Stay away from Regal/VAG Tuner in Soton, their useless and their rollers are waaaaay overly optomistic. Tho they do use GIAC, which Im a fan of (but dont personally use)

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    Tims VW 02393 375550, its in Paulsgrove, near Portsmouth. Go and ask for Tim Barnard and tell him a bloke called Mike with an absolute red S3 recommended you went to see him. Then ask for the REVO trial enuf said!!
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

Status
    Ive gotta say only get the Revo trial if its Revo you want. The map it reverts to after is Rev map similar to the standard map, not identical tho. Plus if you had that map trial then decided you wanted MTM/CustomCode/GIAC then you find they have a real time trying to overwrite the Revo 'generic' map

Status
    Revo on an A3 might be a bit harsh as they go from nothing to ballistic! Completely different to the S3........
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

Status
    Same basic engine, just a slightly smaller turbo as standard

You got your ticket for Wembly yet mate? Im gonna be at the Ring so will be scouring the area for a bar showing it on Sky!

Status
    Grathies, where abouts in Pompey are you, I'd like to see what an MTM car goes like? Thats if you're not too p#ssed from celebrating yesterday

Status
    Im actually in G'port mate! Do make it over Pompey a fair bit tho so will pop over some time and see you with it. Gotta be honest, 350bhp in an S3 isnt as hot as youd expect it to be, its a great cruiser tho for motorway roll ons etc... suffers off the lights tho

Where abouts in the 'Grove is Tims VW? Ive heard about them from a mate but never got an answer on it. Is it Tim who was from Beetle Exchange?

Status
    Gotta get 7 tickets, 3 for me, the missus and daughter an then 4 more for my brother and his kids!

Tims VW is in Jubilee Avenue, its what used to be german and swedish, Tim used to own it along time ago under the name BCL, he then partnered G&S until they bought him out and nows he's bought it back again....sort of!

It would be interesting to see if your MTM car is as quick as my scooby??

Neutral

Status
    cheers guys - I will give Tims VW a bell

Neutral

Status
    what sort of price should i be looking at for a stage 1 going from 150bhp to around maybe just below 200bhp?

Status
    400 or there abouts....and make sure you upgrade the diverter valve!

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    ScoobyRA, I never realised you were from pompey! I've not seen the car about before.....

the 3 of us should all meet up sometime. The only car meets I ever see round here are saxos and starlets up on the hill!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    Im in Southampton and got my S3 remapped not long back by Custom Code.

I used their mobile service (which is free) and they came to my house and did all the work in an hour or so, i also had a forge 007p fitted and a green panel filter too. I highly reccomend the map and the service they provided. plus a pretty good deal for 430ish for the lot including VAT.

Check the Custom Code thread for at the bottom of the forum page for their contact details.
    Last edited by vrbob; 10th March 2008 at 10:46.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Status
    ScoobyRA, I never realised you were from pompey! I've not seen the car about before.....

the 3 of us should all meet up sometime. The only car meets I ever see round here are saxos and starlets up on the hill!
    Only bought it about a month ago mate, been driving round in a silver 1.8t for the last year since my scooby blew up

Neutral

Status
    right, just spoken to custom code - they are doing 30% off at the mo so it works out to be 246 for the map and then 96 for the 007p diverter valve...
    So 340ish all in done at my place of work is that a good deal? sounds pretty reasonable to me. opinions please - is the CC chip good?

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattosmond View Post
    right, just spoken to custom code - they are doing 30% off at the mo so it works out to be 246 for the map and then 96 for the 007p diverter valve...
    So 340ish all in done at my place of work is that a good deal? sounds pretty reasonable to me. opinions please - is the CC chip good?
    Same deal i got basically and i am very happy with the results!!
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Neutral

Status
    anyone had an Upsolute chip? heard anything about them?

Imthegod

Status
    Hey guys im from portsmouth looking for somewhere to take my car to have a few things done to it, like fit an intercooler,fit my boost gauges and turbo timer any ideas guys?

Cheers
    Nick

Nick Light

Status