maf problems

danotto

VAG HUNTER
Reaction score
Right i know this has been covered before,but just to clarify i fitted an induction kit to my s3 on wed,the car seems ok at low revs but when i boot it the revs rise and the speed stays the same-ish.is this definately the maf,and if it is when i fit a new one will i have to fit my old air filter.and would you say it is ok to drive the car for now,ive got to drive to portsmouth and back tommorow and odnt fancy breaking down.

If the revs are rising and the speed is not changing, that HAS to be something mechanical slipping....... IE, clutch.

Think about it, the gearbox and gears are connected mechanically to the engine via 'solid' cogs.

the only part that can vary its torque transfer is the clutch plate. So if engine speed is rising at a greater rate than road speed, the clutch is slipping.

Dont worry though, I live in Portsmouth, so if you break down, give me a call and you can have a cup of tea :)

it doesnt feel like clutch slip to be honest the revs dont rise quickly as if the clutch is slipping i just took the car out now and it was ok.i removed the maf and the engine note changed.so still unsure,well im not goin to portsmouth but not far southsea.although i may be stopping in portsmouth.