Cayenne S Holy Moly, it's awesome!

simch

Reaction score
....was talked into a 48hr test in of all things a Porsche Cayenne S (what with an ankle biter now) and picked it up today from the dealer....!

Holy Moly, it's a total beast.

Totally blown away with how it goes around corners, its like a little hot hatchback and truly seems to defy all laws of physics!
Had a 100mile trip back from the dealer, guy in a clio 192 that came shooting up behind on dual carriageway as I waited for traffic to clear had a bit of a shock, both in how it took off when there was space, and how it went through the next roundabout!!
Guy with an M3 was next to have a shock! I flashed him to move over on a dualy, so he shot off, but the porker could keep in toe pretty easily. I wouldn't go over my slef imposed speed, so let him have about 400 yrds into the next roundabout, right turn, and came out of it stuck up behind him! You can litterally turn it in like a car half its sizer and weight, and boot it before the apex, and it just grips and grips and turns!
Huge fun, truly astonsihing what it will do considering its size and weight and horribly on fuel (got average 13.2 on trip home!)

I wont be buying one I am sure, but it is huge fun to have a go on one, it is a total suprise how good it is, i am actually quite shocked! Just shows how POrsche really knwo what they are doing with vehicle dynamics.

385hp, 4.5l v8! Weighs loads and a total hoot to drive. I need to find a trackday tomorrow!!!!

I know the feeling...
They keep lending me the damn things...horrible ugly barges...but what a beast to drive!
Truly a fine drive...

I don't desire one in any way, shape or form..but they certainly go, corner and brake well.

have a look in the 8p a3 section i posted some pics up of my dads coutesy one under the title caymen s for those.or something

A mate of mine is sales manager of porsche guildford and as soon as he got a drive in one he wouldn't shut up about it lol. So i can well imagine they are good. Only ever see middle aged blonde women driving them lol.

Defratos said:
I got a drive in a 2008 GT2 a few days ago, now THAT was nice :anbet:

Holy fooook, that must have been fun?

I was thrashing the **** off a 335i convertible last night and that was a serious giggle, infact I'm seriously impressed by most of the cars BMW seem to be coming up with at the moment, I've driven a few and all of them have been astonishing for one reason or another.

But like Ess says, they look like such a barge and yet they just blow your brains how they handle, go and stop! !
All the other Porkers look like they should go stop and handle great, but the Cayenne looks just like a 4x4.
If the older ones weren't so ugly, i may have considered one! At 4 yrs old and 40k miles odd (no one does too many miles in them!) you can pick them up for about 23k! Same price as a 1 yr old A3 TDI quattro!!

god_thats_quick said:
Holy fooook, that must have been fun?

I was thrashing the **** off a 335i convertible last night and that was a serious giggle, infact I'm seriously impressed by most of the cars BMW seem to be coming up with at the moment, I've driven a few and all of them have been astonishing for one reason or another.

They seem ****** quick them new 3 series, had a little road race with a 325 coupe last night on an 08 plate.... neither of us where pulling away...i didnt think that was bad conidering it was a 3 litre..... although dunno if he was a **** driver or not...looked a bit geeky TBH:puke:

Simch, was watching Ramsey's kitchen nightmares the other night in America, he had 1 with a body kit fitted, new shape...and it looked the mutts..... stunning car- only 'like you say' in the new shape

When me and the old man flew up to Aberdeen Porsche to pick up his new motor we got picked up from Aberdeen airport in a Cayenne S. I couldn't beleive how fast the thing was. In fact it was scary fast. I'd hate to think for the Turbo S is like. Damn nice motors but a little too big and hideous for my liking.

I am loving every minute of it, and it certainly has opened my eyes to the big tall car idea. Amazing what a different view you get of the road and world around you. Also dont seem to be hooning about the place all the time in it, (not that it cannot do it, it truly can!) but am taking it steadier, and enjoying driving it.
I have fun in the s3, and although it is likely the family car will end up being a Mondeo Estate car (HUGE inside and again suprisingly fun to drive), I may have to start saving the pennies for a Cayenne for my 40th!!

And whatever despite the toureg eing based on the same platcform, the if you can live with the petrol only oprtion, the Porker kicks its botty into a different dimension!
Still only getting 17mpg, does to seem to improve if you drive real steady! Maybe I should just forget about it, it wont get to 20mpg, so what's the point!!
I did consider taking it to another POrsche dealer I know where they have a Turbo demonstrator and swappingit over for the other demo.....!!! Then use that a day and off to Bentley dealers maybe!! LOL