EM TuningSky Insurance
    Lovely Sunshine

Status

superchips???????

i am looking at remapping my car this week but looking for abit of advise. i had a superchips upgrade done on my golf gttdi 150 bhp and it was brillant and never had a problem with it, so was thinking to tell the same person to come and do my S3 but no one really talks about superchips on this forum much so was wondering if i should or shouldn't?
    chips remap, milltek exhaust, eibach springs, bailey dv, neuspeed tie-bars, BBS LMs, 15mm eibach spacers, lcr front splitter

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I superchipped my A4 but mostly this was down to having a friend who is a Superchips agent. Revo seems to be the accepted choice by VAG owners.

Lovely Sunshine

Status
    cheers bud, but are mobile fitters.
    chips remap, milltek exhaust, eibach springs, bailey dv, neuspeed tie-bars, BBS LMs, 15mm eibach spacers, lcr front splitter

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    i belive that most of the remap firms offer mobile fiting..the most extreme was Custom code going from chesterfield down to Bournemouth area to do a job...for the same money
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

Fire up the Quattro!

Status
    Im considering having mine remapped too but wasnt sure to go revo or superchips. Have used superchips in the past with no probs.

Is there any real difference between the two products? Does anyone know wether there is a big difference in cost between the two?

regards

5th Gear

Status
    I had my old derv done at superchips hq in bucks - very good results

revo seems to be quite an "agressive" map from whats been posted by other members
    S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8's & Eibach Springs, Neuspeed ARB's (22mm front & 19mm rear).

Badger 5's Machined Discs with DS2500 pads & HEL braided lines.

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    Ive got a revo remap, boost setting set to 8, 9 being the most aggresive....hmmm, pretty boring really after having a 280+bhp Impreza
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

Neutral

Status
    I have my 210 superchiped, great results!

Lovely Sunshine

Status
    having mine done on tuesday now superchips it is then. i got a much deal then anywhere else revo wanted 499 + vat, theres a company called e-maps which quoted me 325 all in which is a excellent price but i've never heard of them before so i thought i stay safe and go with superchips.

Fire up the Quattro!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3ren
    having mine done on tuesday now superchips it is then. i got a much deal then anywhere else revo wanted 499 + vat, theres a company called e-maps which quoted me 325 all in which is a excellent price but i've never heard of them before so i thought i stay safe and go with superchips.
    If you dont mind me asking how much is the superchips? Im in the same boat and just weighing up my options really. I know awesome gti is also close by to me so apr could be another choice for me depending on costs.

Fire up the Quattro!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobyra
    Ive got a revo remap, boost setting set to 8, 9 being the most aggresive....hmmm, pretty boring really after having a 280+bhp Impreza
    Mate, is it really boring still with the remap compared to the scoob? I thought with a revo map it would make it quite tasty?

Lovely Sunshine

Status
    10 mins left and the guy we'll be here to remap my car....... can't wait....give you the verdict soon..

6th Gear

Status
    Hopefully it was a success and you've been out spanking your car enjoying it's new found grunt

Lovely Sunshine

Status
    he charged me 415, and its the best money i've spent on it so far its ****ing awesome it revs so smoothly and hard. Couldn't believe how different it really is anybody out there that hasn't had a remap you haven't lived...........

6th Gear

Status
    lol welcome to the dark side! its great with a remap aint it. think its def the best money you could buy. which did you get was it the custom code. no errors or misfires occuring i hope

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3ren View Post
    he charged me 415, and its the best money i've spent on it so far its ****ing awesome it revs so smoothly and hard. Couldn't believe how different it really is anybody out there that hasn't had a remap you haven't lived...........
    Second that! I had my 8L S3 remapped by Superchips and it was a totally different beast after - "harder" engine note, "throatier" exhaust note, nice DV chatter when lifting off the throttle and noticeably more performance.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

Fire up the Quattro!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3ren View Post
    Thats very good price. Is that discounted? According to superchips website it costs more like 499? My local garage use a superchips mobile fitter & they said they could get it a bit cheaper than the web price but Im not sure if they could get it that cheap?

Lovely Sunshine

Status
    definity better, Superchips said 499 at first but there is a mobile guy that comes for them and i managed to have a deal with him. got my milltek exhaust coming 2mrw got it brand new cat-back resonated for 482 can't wait.