Changing from Longlife to Fixed servicing

Clach

A3 - 1.8Ts
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My car is coming up for 60K and I intend to change my service schedule in an effort to preserve the older parts of the car. (Regular oil changes benefiting the turbo etc)The only thing I am worried about is changing the type of Oil i use from longlife to regular. As long as I stay with synthetic I am hoping their will be no problems with the seals leaking etc...?

Any thoughts? Any other problems?

Cheers,

Craig :unsure:

On petrol engines, switching from longlife to 'standard' synthetic oil will not pose a problem. U can always stick to a 5/30 from castrol or mobil.

The same is not tru for diesel engines, where the longlife oil has a compound that protects the injector seals; standard diesel oil will cause them to perish.

clach are u going to run semi synthetic oil or fully?

Fully synthetic, as I thought all longlife oil was synthetic

Wise move. Variable servicing is just a way to artificially reduce servicing costs for fleet buyers who don't care about the long term future of the car.

it can't be good for the engine not to have fresh oil and filter for nearly 20k. mines on this longlife service thing but i checked the oil today and its dark as f**k so i'm guna give a oil change 2mrw but like fingermouse said leave on the longlife service.