Chris NottAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Exhaust Help!!!!

The cat has died on my standard exhaust and i am looking to replace it cat back can anyone recommend a system that sounds sweet on the 1.8 T engine?? My other worry was buying an aftermarket exhaust and having to cut the rear bumber as i have no cut-out at present - is this a problem?? does it need to be cut??

I would like a sweet sounding exhaust i don't want something that resmebles a bazooka and shakes glass out of windows!!!

Cheers guys

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status

Re: Exhaust Help!!!!

yes it will need cutting.. see if u can get hold of an S3 trim for the back bumper... i know u could wiht the golf but not 100% on the S3...

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    BIGT said:
    The cat has died on my standard exhaust and i am looking to replace it cat back can anyone recommend a system that sounds sweet on the 1.8 T engine?? My other worry was buying an aftermarket exhaust and having to cut the rear bumber as i have no cut-out at present - is this a problem?? does it need to be cut??

I would like a sweet sounding exhaust i don't want something that resmebles a bazooka and shakes glass out of windows!!!

Cheers guys

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,
    Speak to Milltek, tell them Rich @ JBR Performance told you to give them a call. They have recently done a new exhaust for the A3 1.8T which sits under the bumper. They designed it on my car so i know it exists [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

see www.richbroadfield.f2s.com for some pics.

This can be used with a sports cat also from milltek which should free things up a little, and will csot about 750 for the lot. The system alon will be around 270+vat.

Rich [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

I'll go with Rich on the Miltek front, as all of the examples I've heard, the last being on an R32 sounded really sweet and in keeping with the understated Audi/VW styling (OK maybe not so applicable to the R32...).

However I don't like the exhaust sticking out under the bumper, but that's just my own preference.

You say the CAT has died, but you're looking for a CAT back system [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Which doesn't help you dead CAT fella, just replaces the pipes after the CAT..... So you'll either need a full system or a new downpipe including CAT from Audi/OEM parts supplier....me thinks.

And for me I'd just chuck the CAT [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]