should i fit my induction kit?

danotto

VAG HUNTER
Reaction score
i have just bought a green cotton induction kit for my s3,it says to oil it at services ,will this damage my maf ,im debaiting whether to fit it or not,cheers dan

im not sure whether to fit it or not as i cant really afford a maf at the moment,but im like a kid when i comes to having bits for my car in front of me i have to have them fitted straight ways.lol

i just fitted it it sounds good not as loud as the pipercross i fitted on my 1.8 a3 n/a. but it makes my once quiet bailey dv30 into a bit of a chav valve,but never mind eh.if the maf did play up would i get any warning lights or would my car just feel sluggish?

ive been running a pipercross panel filter for around a year no probs,i thought id try a green cotton induction kit,if the maf has gone it would stutter and hesitate wouldnt it?

sorry for asking a stupid question but why do you have to oil the filters? what does it actually do

apparantly it helps catch small dust particles which the filter wall cant,and it is also meant to help clean it. I THINK.lol

aslong as you dont over-oil it mate you'll be fine!
yes your right, the oil is to catch the tiny dust particles. however after a while all the dust that gets trapped by the oil clogs up the filter, restricting airflow, thats why they need cleaning.