Alarms...again!!!

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded the standard casio alarm ;-) ....sorry i mean alarm on their cars, if so what have you done??

I have seen this:

http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/shop/Cobra-A3868-Plip-Upgrade-Alarm_productJJ385

Was maybe thinking of getting one of these and having it fitted, as it is a full cat 1 alarm with a real siren and it also uses the original keyfob, rather than having another keyfob along with the original one.

Also if i was to go down this route, would i have to disable the standard Audi one, if so...how??? (Vagcom)???

Thanks in advance.

Nilz

Normally the 2 will work together especially if it retains the Audi fob to arm/disarm. I've got a sigma CAT1 and it still retains the feeble Audi alarm system, just adds full closure, code hopping (so your blipper can't be scanned) and a proper immobiliser.

So does yours use the audi keyfob then, and when you mean it adds full closure, doesnt this come anyway on the Audis, as mine has this already with the standard alarm

No, you can't get code hopping on the Audi fob.
Mine didn't do full closure on a single blip, you had to hold the button down which I think you can change via VAGCOM, but at the time it was a new feature to me and it's programmable without VAGCOM. It also has a keypad to overide the immobiliser with a PIN if you are near a coms mast and the blipper doesn't work.