CLUTCH OR MAF

S3 SAF

Reaction score
I first thought ive got a problem with my clutch, due to it slipping/loosing power from 3 or 4000 revslike as soon as the turbo comes in it cuts out and the revs go flying and the car:sadlike: dont move at all. it was doing this from second gear onwards but the other night on my way home it just stopped and was driving perfect all the way home 'about 20 miles' but then the next day it started to do it again... damn! so maybe its the maf senser or maybe it is the clutch... could anyone help

Sounds like the MAF mate. Mines went twice now and both times just before the turbo kicked in it use to jerk and dip revs then they'd fly up and it would take off.

Damian @ DPM

saf is the car revving but not pulling if this is the case it does sound like clutch bud, mine was doin the same thing revving but not pulling, and also done it couple times then one night i hammered the **** out of it and it was fine the next day but then started doind again.

thats exactly whats happening. im gona try clean the maf senser and then if that doesnt work then go kwik fit and see if they can tell me if its the clutch. ive also done the clutch test were i put the car in second gear and foot off the clutch but it stalls so that tells me the clutch is fine, so just ****** off at the moment...! cant enjoy the car at all.

worse thing in the world when ur car isnt 100% and cant figure it out!!!:wtf:

i have a similar problem, its not the clutch, dont think its the MAF as this made no change when unplugging it, i ve got my money on a split or lose hose.

Met up with SAF today to VAG-COM his car. There are no permanent fault codes and everything seems ok engine wise.

This problems was definitely the clutch. Once I had confidence that there were codes, we went for a drive. As soon as turbo spools up, the clutch would slip, the revs climb but the car didn't pull.

It made logging for data really difficult because we couldn't get any power down without it slipping.

The engine sounds and runs sweet and there are no jerks or backing off. Just no hard acceleration, where you would expect it to throw you back in you seat!!

dunno what the problem is with mine, no split or lose hose, not coil packs not fault code.

My audi tech picked up a few turbo compression faults but obviously it cant be them all at once.

I could have a look for you if you like. Depending you where you are?

Have you got VAG-COM yourself? If so, have a look at block 114 column 4. This will show you how far closed your wastegate is. Any more than 95-96% throughout the rev range will show a leak. That will prove your hose theory out.

What are the symptoms on yours?