Mild A3T Mods

ODge

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm just starting out here, been looking around for some simple mods to wake up my newly aquired factory A3t (1998 model) but been getting lost in the masses of forums.... Please Help!

I'm assuming a front mount cooler will help, i'm in the process of ordering a 27"x6"x2.5" from eBay and will make up the alloy piping myself.....(is there anything else i need to know here?)

I have a 2.5" stainless steel exhaust going on next week (cat back), is this a good value for $ performance mod?

If i want to increase the boost slightly what do i need to take into account (other than the obvious stock internals, fuel pump, injetors etc) i.e. factory boost solinoid (if any??), ECU remap, boost controller etc. As you can see i'm new to this. I'm used to Aussie straight 6 (4.0 litre OHC) with a decent hairdryer on the side running straight propane and 20 psi.....

Is it a big deal to change the factory turbo, or is high flowing a good option? I'm capable of doing all the work myself, just wondering what will be a direct change over without having clearance issues, dump pipes not matching up etc.....

I don't want to build a 10 sec car, just make it a little more zippy :yes:

Sorry for the long essay, feel free to post url's to previous posts, i was just struggling to find them.

Thanks Heaps,

Steve

Seeing as you live in OZ where you actually see the sun a fmic might be a good idea.
A remap and a K03s turbo if you dont already have one and an uprated recirculation valve will see a nice increase in power.
The exhaust doesnt give much but every little helps.