A3 on 20" wheels

Stuart_A3_Turbo

Reaction score
My question. Is it possible and how much work would be needed. Im not really interested in the 'too big' Comments or 'poor handling' etc, i just wanna know if it can be done and how much archwork is needed to get it on. Cheers guys.

yeah work would be needed but wouldnt think alot..

dave sheldons tyres in manchester seems to think that a type of tyre is been made before the summer that fits on a 20" and will fit under the a3 arches!

i didnt think a lot would be needed, 19" lowered has no problems so cant see 20" fouling the arches too much.

will it also raise the car as 20" is almost 19" + tyre and put the speedo out a bit

Disproportionally large when comapred to the car IMHO. Max power culture in FULL EFFECT!

You'd need to spend an abolute fortune on forged one piece rims to even begin to go towards keeping unsprung weight down. If you want to make some kind of statement, and are not that keen on the actual driving then go ahead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
excursion said:
Disproportionally large when comapred to the car IMHO. Max power culture in FULL EFFECT!

You'd need to spend an abolute fortune on forged one piece rims to even begin to go towards keeping unsprung weight down. If you want to make some kind of statement, and are not that keen on the actual driving then go ahead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I see you didnt bother to read my post mate, i asked for no comments like yours. Im not interested in what anyone thinks, i wanted to know if it could be done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I'm an ********

get the arches rolled and as long as they are not to wide they should fit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif post some pic's if you do it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
i didnt think a lot would be needed, 19" lowered has no problems so cant see 20" fouling the arches too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just brought myself 19" RS4 alloys for my A3, how low can you put the car with them on without rubbing? 20ml?