Creaking

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
Right,

Got a really annoying creak at the passenger side front wheel. Its only once its warmed up a bit, and at low speed braking (like under 10mph..may be more but this is only time i can hear it), and when moving off from a standstill. What coudl this be????

Also, front right wheel... at over 30mph its making a funny whurring noise. not very loud yet, but definatly noticeable. Could this be the bearing on its way out? Or something else?

Help someone PLEASE!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

if the whurring noise get's faster as you go faster or if the noise go's when going turning right at speed and louder when going left then most likely your right wheel bearing the creak maybe the lower arms try spraying the bushes and inside the ball joint's with white grease hope this help's

Rich,

My A3 made exactly the same creaking noise last year, every time it was a really hot day.

A bit of WD40 on the lower arm bushes did the trick.

Hope this helps!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Excellent.

Thanks guys. Will give it a go over the weekend.

With regards to bearing noise(i think) ill pay more attention to it on my way home and see what its like.

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'd go with X50 on this one, most likely the bushings on the lower arm or tie rod for the ARB.