Armrest

jesters3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm a ****, Arm rest was stuck in the up postion, so I decided to use brute force to get it down again - as this worked last time. However I have now managed to snap the fricking metal holder at the base. As a result I have had to pull out the entire thing and now left with 3 bolts in the floor with the snapped metal base bits screwed in.

I've had a look and can see all the bolts, however it looks like I have to take the entire centre console off. So looking at the diagrams there is two screws underneath the handbrake lever I need to take out, does anyone know how to get to them, I've had a quick look and think you have to pull at the base to get it out - or is it a bit more than that?

Also looking at the armrest it seems you are able to pull the actual rest away from the this metal holder, i've unscrewed all the screws but it won't budge, is there another trick to get it to come out - or is it supposedley to be like that i.e. locked in?

Morale of the story - don't be a **** and think brute force will always fix things.

If I remember correctly the screw at the back should release the armrest. However, I woudl suggest taking the two bolts off from underneath the ashtray and maybe the two on either side of the handbrake. That should give you enough room to lever the console up. Good luck, small arms a defo advantage.