S3 Re-furbishments !

s3-josh

Reaction score
so im just wondering how much refurbs would cost for 3 parts of my S3?

1) 18" rstt wheels refurbed?

2) car paint job detailed/ touched up?

3) just for the sake of it ! : cream interior re-trim?

just curious to know how much it would cost to make the car mint !

cheers! :icon_thumright:

well your probably looking at around £200 - £250 for the wheels,
Id imagine anywhere between £80 - £200 for a full car detail,
And the interior, well probably anything from £500 - £2000+

Not cheap but would definately be worth it!
But maybe with the interior, it could be a lot cheaper to look out for a mint 2nd hand set to come up and sell yours on...

josh

well i just got my wheels refurbd and done in anthrecite for 40 quid a wheel! Well worth it!

well i just got my wheels refurbd and done in anthrecite for 40 quid a wheel! Well worth it!

Where did you get them done mate? have you got any pics, are you pleased with the finish? just curious as i want to keep it standard ish looking and my wheels need a re-furb!

i know several people that do wheel refurbs @ £30-40 a pop..... they do decent jobs aswell....one does the jobs for Audi in sheffield...forecourt work...... the retrim is defo an expensive job...plus you'd lose the recaro emblem....

1animal1 said:
the retrim is defo an expensive job...plus you'd lose the recaro emblem....

You won't loose the embossed Recaro if you use somebody decent...

I had a set of Golf GTI Mk4 Recaros modified to fit my Mk3, then half leather trimmed to keep the original 'Anniversary' cloth, front and back seats done..and the Recaro logo was re-embossed onto the front seats.
MJ Interiors did the work...they did a fine job, and the best advert for the interior is the fact that many people have commented they they didn't know the Mk3 Anniversary had a half leather option from the factory, so good is the work.

Not cheap though...I'd bet on around £2000 for front and rears in a different colour.

Ah, TBH Ess i wasn't sure entirely....would the Recaro be as standard or a 'version' of...i presume that this would come down to cost if it could look original

Thats useful Ess,cheers for that

Mine have a few marks on the bolsters and wasnt sure if they would want to do the whole seat or not....not wanting to lose the Recaro part...i havent actually approached a firm yet

glen_jai said:
Anyone got any decent pics of Avus wheels refurbed in Anthracite or similar colours?

Fancy doing mine at some point.

Here you go Dude,

CheeRS,

gaazzaone said:
Where did you get them done mate? have you got any pics, are you pleased with the finish? just curious as i want to keep it standard ish looking and my wheels need a re-furb!

I got them done at a place called carrick engineering which i heard a lot of good reports about, yeah really pleased with the finnish basically like brand new again. al post a pic up tonight mate.

RobRS6 said:
Here you go Dude,

CheeRS,

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the pic. Dark avus' look great....:yes: Black wheels are a lovely contrast on a bright colour. I heard that black wheels really show the dirt though, and need to cleaned regularly.

I had my 9 year old 16" 5 spoke of my 1.8T sport refurbed a couple of weeks ago. They were in a bit of a state but they came back with a factory finish after two days from A1 in Bilston. I wasn't cheap at £70 each but they look like new again. They do a cheaper wet coat option but I think its worth spending the extra for the powder finish.Cheers

does anyone know if Audi can re-trim the alacantra seats? my passenger side, bottom half of the seat needs re-doing wondering how much it would cost.

any ideas?

a fortune probably, ask Ess three...i think he has some contacts who are able to sort this kind of thing ....id say look for some used seats...but finding that combi would be pretty tough