Gearbox mount, help please

ANDYTQ

Reaction score
Caerdydd, Cardiff, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
The n/s engine mount has cracked on my car,but because i have 5spd speed quattro with a 6 speed fitted i'm not sure of which part no to buy.Can someone with a early 6spd s3 give me their year /engine code to crossrefer part no's to.Thanks Andy

I'll say again, the mounts are the same fitment. They will have different part numbers because they are different parts, however they are interchangeable.

The TT mount is stronger, see the fluted (almost like a heatsink) top face, it is oil filled also so acts almost like a hydraulic damper. I drained the fluid and injected sikaflex in for a stiffer mount.

No idea Andy, it was about 5 years ago when I did it, for the same reason that my 5 speed mount had cracked, i ended up getting the TT mount by accident...

ANDYTQ said:
The n/s engine mount has cracked on my car,but because i have 5spd speed quattro with a 6 speed fitted i'm not sure of which part no to buy.Can someone with a early 6spd s3 give me their year /engine code to crossrefer part no's to.Thanks Andy

Hello Andy.
I have a Motor mount of an APY 6 speed from year 2000.
The mount number is 1JO 199 262 BM.
Hope this helps.

ANDYTQ said:

Hello Andy.
I have a Motor mount of an S3, APY 6 speed from year 2000.
The mount number is 1JO 199 262 BM.
Hope this helps.