just painted brake calipers

Ballcrusher

NO CAT JUST 3" STRAIT THREW
Reaction score
Website
www.incar-forum.com
started with thr rears first as wasnt to sure how much of the front claipers to paint. so if any one can tell me what parts you can and cant paint will be greatfull.

24022008186.jpg

24022008193.jpg

24022008187.jpg

wheels look the **** mate. where u get em from??? did my rears as well (got red porsche 1s up front) and put some porsche decals on the rears to match. looks the nuts....

if wheels look the **** is that good or bad :confused:

looks good mate i bought red caliper paint to do mine about 5months ago still not got round to it i use my car every day so cant really wait 24hrs for the paint to dry.lol

Blue, silver or a gun metal/anthracite would have looked better, red is a bit played out

still looks pretty good though, need a shot of the whole car

Just watched your vids BC, very good :) How did you find applying the paint? Did you use an aerosol (in the 1st pic) or a brush and where did you get it from? The finish looks nice. Thanks

the kit i bought was made
Capture.jpg
and after 4hrs it was dry.its a brush on kit and comes with a degreaser aswell.im going to get round to do the fronts this week but not to sure if your ment to paint the caliper carryer aswell ? heres a better pic
24022008192.jpg

Just do the same as you've done on the back mate, looks nice!
Wouldn't do the carrier myself but its up to you.
Wheels look nice mate

I took my carriers off and did them first, then left them inside on a radiator to paint whilst I preped and painted the front calipers.

If you have a heat gun, you can do the whole lot in a day easily.

I changed my discs and pads all round, including upgrading to S3 312's on the front, and cleaned/painted the calipers and carriers all round, in about 8 hours.

Using a Heat Gun on the calipers gets them touch dry very quickly.

Did it on a Sunday, and it was all good to drive to work Monday :) Now if I roll the car back and forward at a jetwash, I can blast teh calipers clean and they come up great every time :)

You can paint the carrier, just be sure not to paint any sliding surfaces that would normally be copper greased or flat areas for bolt heads.

THE **** = really good. lol. looking good mate. i painted my rears not so long back.... i tried putting less 'harderer in' to get a better finish as it dosent go on as thick so u get less bumps etc with 2 coats. If you wanna be different, you can buy brembo calliper decals (or porsche 1s in my case) off ebay to finish them off. Most important step i thought was prepping. get some wire wool and a wire brush, make sure theres no dirt what so ever on them.... finish = perfect. Scott

oh, and where were the wheels from??? how much?? cheers.

Actually that does look, looks like a proper job unlike some of the DIY jobs

that does look mint..... makes ya brakes look a lil bigger with them being painted IMO

Ballcrusher said:
shame you cant see the calipers from far out

29022008209.jpg

That looks spot-on Jim

Bigger brakes is the answer! You'll see them a mile off then!

that looks sweet....so when you doing mine then.....?:friends:

Nice job all round. some Audi rings decals would finish them off I reckon. Gonna have a go at mine soon - was going to go with gun metal as my A3 is Merlin Purple and Red/Blue/Yellow would clash too much methinks.