Very Mild Lowering

sfs3

Reaction score
I have a T reg 210bhp S3 with 107,000 miles. The front shocks and springs are wayward to ay the least. I want to put uprated springs and shocks on the front. Would using weitec shock and springs on the front dropping by 20mm and the rear by 15mm require the need for rear tie bars. Or am I better of just replacing the front shocks ad springs with oem items?

:think:

You may get away without rear tie bars when it's only 15mm. We fitted these to a lads S3 not so long ago and after doing it, the rear camber didn't really change and he hasn't been on the phone to order any after giving the time for them to settle so you may get away with it.

HTH

Damian @ DPM

I've never seen a T reg S3. Yours must be one of the early ones.

sfs3 said:
I have a T reg 210bhp S3 with 107,000 miles. The front shocks and springs are wayward to ay the least. I want to put uprated springs and shocks on the front. Would using weitec shock and springs on the front dropping by 20mm and the rear by 15mm require the need for rear tie bars. Or am I better of just replacing the front shocks ad springs with oem items?

:think:

I had my car dropped by only 20 mm using Eibach kit. And the rear camber was like -2 degrees. Way out!
I had to buy some rear tie bars to sort it out back to -1 degree.
Tie bars were a cool £250 at the time (3 years ago). Though Eibach paid for half of that, because they said the camber would be fine when I purchased the kit.

It's funny how it works, sometimes the slightest of lowering will knock the camber way out but we've had Quattro TT's where we've lowered them 30mm and the camber's been fine.

if i was looking to just lower the car by 35mm what would i need to purchase? just springs or more?