Boost gauge fitted

danotto

VAG HUNTER
Reaction score
so i finally got my boost gauge fitted to my s3,by john at incar-science,:icon_thumright:who done a great job when i finally gave him enough rubber tubing to reach the vacuum pipe.lol.i have a standard 210bhp s3 and the peak boost i can reach is 1bar is this right. ill post pics up tommorow once my camera battery has charged.

whats the benifits of the boost gauge apart from just being able to monitor your boost?

S3 Rav said:
whats the benifits of the boost gauge apart from just being able to monitor your boost?

Lets you figure out if there's a boost leak, or other problem if your boost is not the level it use to be, or even higher than it should.

Also looks pretty...

1 bar sounds ok to me for a 210. My 180bhp Leon peaks at 0.8 Bar and drops settles at 0.6 as a guide.

Just fitted a gauge to mine, I'd be interested in seeing how and where you did yours....

1 bar is high for stock IMO. remember the 180hp leon has a k03 on it.

I thought 225hp s3 peaks at 0.9bar and the 210 at less?

Is your gauge accurate? What make is it?

Yeah, I understand that they are different turbos, its a K04 on the S3 isn't it?

The 225 BAM engined Cupra R runs at about (1.2 - 1.3 bar) so a 210 I would expect to be around 1 bar from experience.

its a raid hp gauge.just checked again on the way home sinch its peaking about 0.7-0.8 bar.i must have mis-read it.pic up soon

i had my alarm done by john at incar-sciance top notch work and the only person to get my alarm done to perfection

yeah im probably getting the same alarm as yours mate,it has remote start etc doesnt it.

danotto said:
its a raid hp gauge.just checked again on the way home sinch its peaking about 0.7-0.8 bar.i must have mis-read it.pic up soon

That seems low now!!

A 210 should peak but then settle at about 1 bar....

heres the gauge the wires and boost pipe could have gone througn the dash but didnt fancy a hole in my dash so got some condruit to hide the wires and pipe as well as i could.let me know what you think.
STH70105.jpg

STH70104.jpg

STH70111.jpg

AND HERE IS MY NEW SECURITY UNTIL I GET MY ALARM DONE.LOL
STH70113.jpg

They always look better in a pillar pod, on the dash they just look like something that was forgotten and scum may take advantage

yeah its been left so that i can put it into a pillar so it is easily removed,am going to but a new airbag pillar to mount it to before i fit it in my car.
Do people acyuallt nick these

I thought you said it was actual going in the air vent i.e replacing it? That said, I don't think it looks right and is nickable, any chav would probably have a go thinking it was a Sat Nav unit or something. Can you not pillar it or mount it high up in the top right of the windcreen or something?

im thinking of gettin an oil pressure guage as well and when i get that john at incar-science said he will fit it on a pillar mount,as its easily moved

Fair, my mate has got a Nomad racing A Pillar single mount in his LCR and it does look OEM. You can get the dual mount as well, one guy in his Ibiza had it in the headling but looked a bit cramped.

could you find out where he got the mounting from its just difficult as it needs to kind of match the interior fabric of the a pillar

Check out the nomad racing site http://www.nomadracing.com/

The Seat Cupra one is on there:

leonblack.jpg

May be worth giving them a call to see how well it would fit the S3, pretty well considering same dimensions and the like. However it IS plastic where you can cover it with a cloth mesh is another question. Maybe worth giving them a call to find out?

Cool, would be interested to see the finished article at some point!

yeah me too.lol.i just wanted to get it fitted as it was just sat in my room lookin at me.lol.but step at a time.

Not to my taste personally,

Ive sent my drivers side Vent gauge off to a guy on the Cupra forums he's custom making that for me so the Boost gauge fits nicely in there.

Bit costly for what it is but the end result looks great!

J

I have a nomad A pillar on my Leon. It does look fairly OEM, just a bitch to keep in place as the OEM fittings aren't there cos its fibreglass.

That Nev on the Seat forum does a good job though at the drivers vent gauge.... I did like the look of his but didn't want to be without the vent!!

Longman said:
Yeah, I understand that they are different turbos, its a K04 on the S3 isn't it?

The 225 BAM engined Cupra R runs at about (1.2 - 1.3 bar) so a 210 I would expect to be around 1 bar from experience.

Sorry, 225 hp is 0.9bar peak as stock.

at 0.7- 0.8 Dan, yours sounds about right.

raid gauge is good, I have one myself!!

Longman said:
That Nev on the Seat forum does a good job though at the drivers vent gauge.... I did like the look of his but didn't want to be without the vent!!

He better do a good job.. I sent my vent to him 2 months ago and I still aint had it back!!!! GRR

josh

I think he has a day job too so its weekend and evenings, I guess thats why he is taking so long. Plus loads of Seat members have ordered on I think....

Ye i know, i understand that its going to take i while, i was ok about it until i got the reply off him last thurs sayin that he "was working away ATM so if i give him my address he would get his missus to send it out".... Why didnt he just send it before he went?

Oh yeah, and still aint got it.
Just a ****** because ive been off this week and had loads of time on my hands when i could've fitted it:(

josh

Always the way mate... I had to give blood for my A pillar one too!!

It took ages to send and then DHL gave it to a neighbour who kept it for 3 days without telling me! Cheers!!

Hope you get it fitted soon, I would like to see what it looks like in an A3/S3

is a leon mk1 pillar trim (and hence pillar pod) the same as an 8l a3/s3? Windscreens and some interior bits are the same....?

I think if someone made a little dinky panel like the focus ST has, centre top of dash angled to the driver, with boost gauge fitting and a little ammeter and voltmeter next to it, it would look very smart. Why does noone do a boost gauge smaller than 52mil?