JabbaSport

$clarky$

Reaction score
Hi guys taking my car to Jabbasport on the 12th of march for a 40k longlife service, brake fluid change and haldex. The car hasnt been serviced for a while so is there n e fing ielse i should get done while im there?? I have booked it in for a custom remap in the afternoon so the car should run alot better after. Wat are the best disc n pad setups??

Ask them to take it off longlife servicing for a start.....your turbo will thank you for fresh oil more often that 20k miles!!

Same as a normal service only its half as often. The longlife oil is used, whcih is meant to last longer (duh!!) but the problem is you then have so long til next service, it can run low, (people dponot check levels!) also, having more regular oil change means whoever does it can get the car up on the lift and check for other things.
My 3 yr old Set 03 S3 had FASH when I got it at 42k miles...........2 longlife services........
I came to give it a proper big clean when I got it, went to remove wheels to clean them properly and they would not come off!! I dont thing the wheels had been off in two years, they were completely seized on.
I dont think the car had had naythign done to it by audi than oil and filter change in 3 years and 42 k miles........
At jabbasport, they will charge you about £50 or £60 for an oil change only. If I were you, I would have a service, put it onto regular service (10k miles) and then have an oilchange every 6 months regardless.
For £50 it is good piece of mind (its 3/4 of a tank of fuel!) It will then mean you have proper good people who know what they are doing (unlike audi!) checking your car over up in the air on the lift at least every 6 months. And using an independant, even three visits a year will be considerably cheaper than going to audi once per year.

I spoke to the dealer who had been servicing my s3 for theprevious owner and asked about longlife servicing and whther it was a good idea with turbo cars ( due to be remapped too). Their service manager told me there was a sensor on the oil system that actually tests the contaminant level of the oil and informs you when it is too high and needs changing............

it is a load of rubbish, there is no such sensor, it is all done by ecu. There is nothing physically checking the oil quality at all.......and yet dealers have been telling customers this for many years....!>>!>

I recently had new discs and pads fitted and an oil and filter change, I supplied all the parts as I have them (it was genuine oil etc from GSF although they stopped doing the genuine Quantum oil now). Cost me £50 labour. They vagcomed it, greased up my rear tie bar adjusters, tiewrapped up a dangling brake cable and checked it all over.
It is cheap using independants, so use them often!!!

thanks for that simch. mines an 2000 s3 with about 70,000 and having a look at the service history i was shocked as it had only had like 4-5 services. think im gna have to give the car a good clean through. bit of a stupid question maybe but do they change the sparks in their longlife service and whats the best oil to use. i hear fully synthetic is the ********. expensive but good.

Some say fully synth, some say semi synth as fully can be a little thin and increase consumption.
My BT s3 was run in and then changed all on semi synth, (quantum) and I had it chaged last week to fully synth cos i had a gallon in the garage and was interested to see if oil consumption (which is negligible) increases.
Presonally, I think regular changes of OEM or good qulaity semi synth (£12 a gallon from GSF for Total stuff) is good value and perfectly fine for normal use.