EM TuningAH Fabrications

Thread: S3's for sale?!

S3 Drift King!

Status

Exclamation S3's for sale?!

OK, this is getting silly now, seems to be a lot of these going for sale in the last month, and a lot sold also... do you guys know something that I don't, is there something wrong with 8L S3's that they have become undesireable of late?(getting old isn't an excuse)
    I havn't found a decent replacement for my S3 yet, though I do like the new shape S3, it's too much money for a sports hatchback, so my 8L is staying put for now.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Lovely Sunshine

Status
    same here bud wouldn't sell mine either theres something about these 8l that i prefer to the new ones. i was guna buy one but for some reason i didn't think that 8p's are worth spending a extra 10k.
    chips remap, milltek exhaust, eibach springs, bailey dv, neuspeed tie-bars, BBS LMs, 15mm eibach spacers, lcr front splitter

More Points Than Portsmouth FC

Status
    Id have an 8P S3

Dunno, think that people buy them expecting them to be better than they are. Not slagging them off just on paper the S3 looks good, but in reality its just an Executive Hatchback with a nice, but heavy spec

People ahve mates with 20vTs in their Mk2 Golfs and assume that S3s will be alot faster than they will

I still like mine tho, makes me smile

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Well considering i only brought mine last week they best not be something going on...lol...seriously, the amount of car you are getting in an 8L S3 is something else, looking at the equivalent spec in any other similar car is going to cost alot more, and will probably not even be as powerful....

Status
    Problem people have when it comes to S3 and power is the fact the quattro system is heavy so the power to weight is kinda comparable to some Saxo VTS's lol

They are lovely cars tho, Ive enjoyed owning it so far, it is well specd, the seats are nice and it looks pretty.

4th Gear

Status
    i'm undecided over the 8P S3 i think its lacks the looks of the 8L the wider arches give it a better look especially from the front!

Grathies- liking the signature you into yours bikes dude? got a couple of mate who ride for curtis bikes i also ride for a team called M.A.D

S3 - Gone but not forgotten!

Neutral

Status
    It simply boils down to econmics for me, averaging 29mpg or whatever the exact figure is, is not quite the 50mpg I would get from tdi.

I will sorely miss my S3, going back to torque steer city and scrabbling for grip

I'm almost hoping it doesn't sell!!

***** rent boy

Status
    I think more and more people are realising the S3's are not all they're cracked up to be. As they get cheaper they will be available to more and more people, and this can mean only one thing: soon the S3's will be a common sight much like Golf MK4's.

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    and the S3 will mirror the vast numbers of Golfs? explain how this will happen....I am really curious

Also if anyone has any production figures of how many golfs have been built in comparison to S3's, that would be handy....
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    I dont think theres much chance of an S3 becoming common!!!! Golf GTI? now there's a common car, so common in fact that...........MY MISSUS drives one!! LOL
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1
    and the S3 will mirror the vast numbers of Golfs? explain how this will happen....I am really curious

Also if anyone has any production figures of how many golfs have been built in comparison to S3's, that would be handy....
    I was also thinking this, not sure how a car that hasn't been produced for 5 years can become more common

1st Gear

Status
    Have to agree S3 isnt all its cracked up to be in terms of performance unless you put some money in the pot to tune but it is a good strong car that has good spec and reasonably quick in standard spec. I test drove the new Mini Cooper S on the weekend. Felt like a blob of plastic and understeered like a mutha. Good engine (nice and revvy like the old 998 A series) but way too much power for the chassis and front wheels to handle.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by joshxs
    It simply boils down to econmics for me, averaging 29mpg or whatever the exact figure is, is not quite the 50mpg I would get from tdi.

I will sorely miss my S3, going back to torque steer city and scrabbling for grip

I'm almost hoping it doesn't sell!!
    The extra mpg going TDi no one can moan about, but the price of diesel is now the same as Shell V-power round these parts, and you need to pay a premium to own a diesel, wonder how many miles you would need to cover to get your money back?

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Now running on Heavy Oil

Status
    Still as happy as the day i bought it and only ever seen one in my town.
    Keep the faith people!!
    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

Churchill August 20th 1940

5th Gear

Status
    I think I read that its over 12k a year before you see the benefit of diesal?

I'm happy with my S3, for the money there was nothing else I wanted.

Although im a bit annoyed that a few months later I could of got a facelift for the same as I paid for mine

Now running on Heavy Oil

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian W
    I think I read that its over 12k a year before you see the benefit of diesal?

I'm happy with my S3, for the money there was nothing else I wanted.

Although im a bit annoyed that a few months later I could of got a facelift for the same as I paid for mine
    I'll Roger that 13750 for a 99 4 yrs ago. Good spec and mega low miles
    only 65k now!

Still if you think about the MK1 golf one day they may go up lol
    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

Churchill August 20th 1940

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Dave
    Still as happy as the day i bought it and only ever seen one in my town.
    Keep the faith people!!
    Their Popping up all over the place round Portsmouth!

Mind you, when I first bought my Rallye I saw 4 different ones around Pompey, not bad for a car with only 80 odd official imports (plus some more privates over the years!)

S3s a good car, well specd for what it is but it is now a 'cheap'ish 2nd hand luxury hatch, some of which have got to be nearly 10 now!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sitrials
    Grathies- liking the signature you into yours bikes dude? got a couple of mate who ride for curtis bikes i also ride for a team called M.A.D
    Random thread interjection but yeah I love my bikes, rebuilding my Curtis atm as a cool retro summer beach ride really! Been outta them for a while, only getting back into bikes again as I can afford to own a 'dale once more!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by golf
    I think more and more people are realising the S3's are not all they're cracked up to be. As they get cheaper they will be available to more and more people, and this can mean only one thing: soon the S3's will be a common sight much like Golf MK4's.
    How will they be more common? they're not made anymore!! Cant be any more on the road now than there was 4 years ago, there will be less now actually with some being crashed etc..
    2001 Audi S3 l MTM Remap l 252.7bhp 432.4Nm l Forge 007P l ECS Porsche Stage 2v2 Front Brake Set-up l ECS Stage 1 Rear Brake Set-up l 18" RS4 Alloy Wheels

Neutral

Status
    I wanted to sell up a month ago but struggled to find something that I could afford that would be better than the S3.. so I am keeping it until i can afford something better but wont be for a few years!! I still have love for my car and am planning to get a remap by summer so should be like having a new car!!
    but yeah I see what you mean JoJo .