Volks AutosChris Nott

Thread: Remap Questions

Reverse Gear

Status

Remap Questions

Today i have booked my car in for a Phase 1 Remap with a custom code dealer. (Can't wait after reading this forum)
    I was told that on top of the Ł254 for the remap i would firstly need a check to make sure all sensors are ok at Ł30, i would also need a k&N panel filter at Ł50 plus a new dumpvalve at Ł99. At present i have a completely standard setup and was wondering if all this was neccicery and if so what i can expect to gain by adding these before the remap.
    Just curios. + Very tight for money at the mo.
    Thanks all

2. # ADS
    ADS

Aky
    Aky

Status
    I think they do a check before they do the remap anyway to save their own ass if something goes wrong. As for a DV and a panel filter, neither are required/necessary to complete the remap.

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    The Panel Filter and DV arn't esential but i would go with it if i were you. The standard DV are prone to failing and im not sure about the panel filter i dont think it makes any difference?

I would query the 30 quidto check your sensors though? Your paying them for a remap the VAG-COM check should be included. I know i didnt Pay APS to check my sensors but i did pay alot more than you are for my Map.

HTH

J
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

6th Gear

Status
    i would recomend the dump valve but not heard of definately needing a panel change, mine hasnt been

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ive heard that the re circ dump valves are the best to go for is this true. Are thare any other cheap mods worth doing before the remap which will give me any more bhp?? (Ive been quoted 195bhp after remap with K&N + New re circ dv) My car is totally standard at present

6th Gear

Status
    Never cheap are mods!

new Samco Turbo Intake Pipe - to stop it collapsing - £100ish
    new Samco Upper Boost Hoses - help air flow - £150ish
    new JCS Stainless Steel Clips - to hold the feckers on - £40ish
    VAG.COM & Cable - to help out in time of need - £100
    The above probably won't get any more bhp but will be needed if you ar looking for it! Apart from that you are then into new exhausts, FMIC, Big Turbo upgrade etc. Check out Prawn or A3 turbo as they have 250+ A3's
    Jester
    "On my second S3 and loving it. RS3 here I come!!!"

A3 - 1.8Ts

Status
    Get an Automatic and save yourself some money? No remap company will touch my ECU with a barge pole...

Good luck, hope you enjoy

Neutral

Status
    You dont have to change anything .. A STG1 map is ment for a stock car.. You can add bits and it will still be fine ..

But i would change the D/V as there a week part .

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks again m8, it's good to know i don't need to change anything brfore the remap.
    Sound