Is this broken - or can repair ?

GT130

Reaction score
Trim at the bottom of the door has come loose on one end, I collected 6 clips for the trim from Audi which seem very small and not very strong, anyway looked at the trim in more detail today and seems the actual trim pushes onto the white plastic mount which is then attached to the door by way of 4 screws - I could not push the trim back onto the mount and the screws seem rusted so I have squirted with wd40 and thought I'd ask on here how they actually go together - is the trim attached to the white mount by clips or should it just push on in which case mine is broken then....74 quid from Audi...

Chatting to my mate who sprays cars for a living we both think the trims would look good colour coded in silver like the later Audi's so I'll get that done in the next few weeks......if i can get them off :sorry:

doortrim.jpg

I too noticed this on the same trim on my drivers door the other day, Have not had a chance to look at mine yet so if you work out how to fix it i would be very interested.

Keep us posted on your repair progress

taking it off is the easy bit but trying to repair it is a night mare as the 2 main screws that hold it at each end rust.i tryed bodging mine and it looked crap so i changed it for a new one.so save your self the trouble trying to fix it and replace it.

This is a design fault - happened to my first 2 s3's

Audi aware of this hence why they changed the design

Right, I did a post on the repair of this, but I can't find my post. It's damaged basically, and any repair will not last in the long run.
Damaged one.
134-3403_IMG.jpg

New one.
134-3404_IMG.jpg

New one fitted.
134-3405_IMG.jpg

If you look closely at the first 2 pics, the damaged one has superglue/araldite residue from my attempt repair, it lasted 2 months before it sprang back outwards, maybe it was just knackered beyond repair. What happens is the rubber that holds the nylon plastic part on the trim(look at 2nd pic) starts to shrink over time, and then the nylon part pops out and becomes loose.
Now the original screws that holds the trim onto the door is rust prone hence there is rust marks on the first pic, new screws are 28p each from Audi, and are non magnetic, which would suggest they don't have iron content in them, so no rust.

New ones it is then,

Cheers for the advice can't see th pics whilst i am at work but will have a look when i get home.

A job for when its a bit warmer me thinks

Home now so can see the pics Cheers Jojo.

Can i ask where you got the new replacement from and how much it cost please.

Has anyone had them colour coded?? if you have how easy was it? and looks? ive a silver S3 pics would be appricated???
cheers
also can you only buy from audi?? anyone found somewhere cheaper?

vrbob said:
Home now so can see the pics Cheers Jojo.

Can i ask where you got the new replacement from and how much it cost please.

Ordered mine from my local stealer, for something like £75, make sure you open and inspect the part before going though.... the first one they ordered for me, the box was a bit mashed, so I opened it, and it was scratched to fek, and the parts guy kept telling me it was primer, it should be sanded down and sprayed before fitting, then I pointed it out to him that they we're plastic coloured as standard, no paint. So I got him to order me a brand new one.

Cheers Jojo another part for me to add to the wishlist then.

a glob of windscreen bond will keep it on for ever!!