JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Is this broken - or can repair ?

Trim at the bottom of the door has come loose on one end, I collected 6 clips for the trim from Audi which seem very small and not very strong, anyway looked at the trim in more detail today and seems the actual trim pushes onto the white plastic mount which is then attached to the door by way of 4 screws - I could not push the trim back onto the mount and the screws seem rusted so I have squirted with wd40 and thought I'd ask on here how they actually go together - is the trim attached to the white mount by clips or should it just push on in which case mine is broken then....74 quid from Audi...

Chatting to my mate who sprays cars for a living we both think the trims would look good colour coded in silver like the later Audi's so I'll get that done in the next few weeks......if i can get them off

51 plate Audi S3 - Silver with Bose, Symphony 2, Armrest and of course Rs4's.....

Ist Audi after 8 VW's in a line......

Driven/borrowed through work..RS4 Wagon, Focus ST3, Golf R32, Astra VXR..

2. # ADS
    ADS

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    I too noticed this on the same trim on my drivers door the other day, Have not had a chance to look at mine yet so if you work out how to fix it i would be very interested.

Keep us posted on your repair progress
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

5th Gear

Status
    Mines the same, im planning on taking it off and working out a fix when its warmer !

NO CAT JUST 3" STRAIT THREW

Status
    taking it off is the easy bit but trying to repair it is a night mare as the 2 main screws that hold it at each end rust.i tryed bodging mine and it looked crap so i changed it for a new one.so save your self the trouble trying to fix it and replace it.

6th Gear

Status
    have got the axact same prob on my drivers side

usually growling at something

Status
    This is a design fault - happened to my first 2 s3's

Audi aware of this hence why they changed the design
    If you aint first you're last

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Right, I did a post on the repair of this, but I can't find my post. It's damaged basically, and any repair will not last in the long run.
    Damaged one.

New one.

New one fitted.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    If you look closely at the first 2 pics, the damaged one has superglue/araldite residue from my attempt repair, it lasted 2 months before it sprang back outwards, maybe it was just knackered beyond repair. What happens is the rubber that holds the nylon plastic part on the trim(look at 2nd pic) starts to shrink over time, and then the nylon part pops out and becomes loose.
    Now the original screws that holds the trim onto the door is rust prone hence there is rust marks on the first pic, new screws are 28p each from Audi, and are non magnetic, which would suggest they don't have iron content in them, so no rust.

Status
    New ones it is then,

Cheers for the advice can't see th pics whilst i am at work but will have a look when i get home.

A job for when its a bit warmer me thinks
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Status
    Home now so can see the pics Cheers Jojo.

Can i ask where you got the new replacement from and how much it cost please.

1st Gear

Status
    Has anyone had them colour coded?? if you have how easy was it? and looks? ive a silver S3 pics would be appricated???
    cheers
    also can you only buy from audi?? anyone found somewhere cheaper?

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vrbob
    Home now so can see the pics Cheers Jojo.

Can i ask where you got the new replacement from and how much it cost please.
    Ordered mine from my local stealer, for something like 75, make sure you open and inspect the part before going though.... the first one they ordered for me, the box was a bit mashed, so I opened it, and it was scratched to fek, and the parts guy kept telling me it was primer, it should be sanded down and sprayed before fitting, then I pointed it out to him that they we're plastic coloured as standard, no paint. So I got him to order me a brand new one.

Status
    Cheers Jojo another part for me to add to the wishlist then.

6th Gear

Status
    a glob of windscreen bond will keep it on for ever!!