Do all 1.8T A3's have sports suspension?

TOM1371

Reaction score
Thinking about getting an A3 1.8T but am not a big fan of bone shaking suspension - Do all 1.8T's come with sports suspension?

Thanks for any replies! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

the suspension on these cars are quite comfortable.it starts getting ugly when lowered springs are fitted.

[ QUOTE ]
Speedo said:
I agree the after market springs/shocks would probably change the drive!!

[/ QUOTE ]

For the better! upraated suspension would make it handle better, at the sacrifice of omfort..but not greatly.

All 1.8T A3's were 'Sport'...they didnt make anything else!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Speedo said:
I agree the after market springs/shocks would probably change the drive!!

[/ QUOTE ]

For the better! upraated suspension would make it handle better, at the sacrifice of omfort..but not greatly.

All 1.8T A3's were 'Sport'...they didnt make anything else!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with Rich on the suspension front, but I suppose this is dependent on the driver and your preference. Standard sports suspension is too spongy for me which is why I changed.

P.S. Across the water here you only get sports suspension as part of certain trim packages....or you specifically order it.

All A3 1.8T were Sports and had the standard sports suspension package together with 16" wheels and 205/55 tyres.

The only exception was a batch that were produced at the very end on the series 1 A3 production which had a different suspension setup and 17" wheels with 205/45 tyres.

I currently drive an A3 1.8T (2002) and I tried one of these run-out versions with 205/45 tyres. The handling was better and great through the lanes, but it was too harsh for longer journeys. I personally like the standard setup which I find is a reasonable balance between handling and comfort.

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
David Robinson said:
All A3 1.8T were Sports and had the standard sports suspension package together with 16" wheels and 205/55 tyres.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um uh, in the UK only! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Very true. I live in the UK and do not know what Audi sells in other markets.

Dave

I was under the impression that there were two models, the A3 1.8T and the A3 1.8T Sport. As for it getting ugly when lowering springs are fitted, I noticed a vast improvement straight away when I lowered mine! If you gonna buy a fast car, you want re assurance that it will go around corners!

[ QUOTE ]
M70RMY said:
the A3 1.8T and the A3 1.8T Sport.

[/ QUOTE ]
AFAIK theres only the 1.8t Sport. If its got a turbo its a sport.