In Gear times for Remapped S3 ?

corradoman

Reaction score
Now i have had the cambelt done i have been thinking of remapping the S3 and was wondering if anyone has any in gear times after a remap to show what sort of real term gains you get from the extra 40-50 bhp and torque, I have found some stats on the http://www.letstorquebhp.com/default.asp
(210)
0-100| 60-100| 1/4mile| term speed|
18.34 |12.01 | 15.21 | 90.80

As you can see that extra bhp and torque does make the figures look more appealing, So it would be interesting to know what diference a good remap would make :icon_thumright:

I'm sorry to say, but if anyone who thinks an extra 15bhp is going to cut 1.5secs off your 0-100 time, you are in lala land! The latter figures are nearer remapped power times, but times doesn't really show what a remap does for the drive of the car, as most of the torque increase is around 3k revs, which will not show up if you are revving it to the red line before changing up.

Where do they get these figures from then! Prob not even factory figures?

corradoman said:
Where do they get these figures from then! Prob not even factory figures?

Your guess is as good as mine, maybe someone timed their own S3 and posted them up? Looking at the 225 times you posted up, they are very near what most stage1 remapped S3's do in the quarter mile. Also, the performance calculater only takes into account power, weight and transmission type, doesn't take into account the gearing of a car. S3's need a 2nd gear change into 3rd to hit 60mph, as 2nd on the rev limiter is 59mph, hence the poor showing for 0-60 times.

the figures on that site are completely wrong ! its all worked out on weight & BHP not taking into account gearing or transmission losses. 5.93 0-60 for an S3 - Not a standard one.