JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications

Thread: Sports exaust

1st Gear

Status

Sports exaust

Will fitting a sports exaust on a tdi improve the sound at all (will it still sound like a tractor with a turbo [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img])

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

Re: Sports exaust

Well the car will still sound like a tractor, no getting away from that fella I'm afraid, but from some of the boxes I've heard they do sound sportier....yes even on a tractor!

The other bonus is that there are some performance gains to be had, maybe more so on the diesels than the petrol cars........

Would be interseting if anybody on here has fitted a performance exhaust to there TDi and how they feel about my comments above...fact or fiction.....

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

Good to know Pete.

The only boxes I have heard were both on A4 2.5 Tdi's and I can't comment on the power, but under hard acceleration the exhaust note sounded slightly different, but as said before not sure if it could be classed as sportier.....just different....maybe just louder tractor noise in fact [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    Good to know Pete.
    maybe just louder tractor noise in fact [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    peteTDI said:
    so i took the cat off it which made a big power increase but [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thats exactly what a mate of mine did with his D-Turbo (exhaust back fell off) and he was impressed eith power increase but gutted once new exhaust was back in place [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]