Youngest s3 owner on site????

scott_johnson

Reaction score
Hey all. Just wundering the age range on the s3's???

im 19 and own a 2001 ebony black facelift s3.... its got revo stage 1, T-carbon front mounted intercooler, porsche gt3 front callipers / r32 disks with mintex pads, forge racing quickshifter, TT pedals, Aero wipers.....etc.

Whats every 1 else running???

Oh and before you all ask 'did your parents buy you it' the answers no ....... and yes my insurance premium is not a laughing matter. lol..... well worth the massive smile though when you see your mates in corsas / fiestas and the likes.

im 21 had the car over a year, Imola s3 running ihi big turbo jabba kit, brembos, front mount, full milltec, sachs clutch, etc could go on for ever!

I'm 17, its my first car got it passed down the family from my grandad when he died. My grandad did all the mods for me before he passed away.

Aky said:
I'm 17, its my first car got it passed down the family from my grandad when he died. My grandad did all the mods for me before he passed away.

Sounds like you had one very cool grandad there, sorry for your loss :crying:

Good work ed. My mate kinda beat me though. Hes just turned 22 and got an AMD mapped rs4. 450 bhp :( mine still impresses the ladies though :)... whats it like with the big turbo on???? was thinking of doin it myself.... cant remember the site but seen 400bhp kits. think it was just over 4 grand.....

how do you guys afford these cars soo young!!!not meaning to sound tooo old as im 23. ive got a 2000 s3 black with a revo remap. hopfully milteck and mtm wheels next after some saving.

im 22 Silver S3 2002, looking for mod ideas and some nice wheels for it now as totally standard bar the Phatbox i installed
insurance isnt so bad
fancyed the RS4 but couldnt quite strecth the budjet this time

its a different car to drive really! Spools up alot later but does come in with a bigger kick! Although some of the kits are not to expensive, once you go over 350bh you have to start uprating internals! i changed the rods and bottom end, mines about 350bhp, (depends what rollers you take it on!) Where are you from dont mind taking you out for a blast in mine sometime!

Turning this discussion on it's head. I am a 34 year old teacher, and am struggling to keep an A3 on the road...How do you guys manage it at 17, 21 etc...Impressive!

Clach said:
Turning this discussion on it's head. I am a 34 year old teacher, and am struggling to keep an A3 on the road...How do you guys manage it at 17, 21 etc...Impressive!

What you doing on here whilst you should be teaching.:asskicking: . Not a good role model ;)

im 21 had my s3 for 10months now,2001 silver s3 a few mods but nothin expensive as i cant afford it,lol.i must need a new job i cant see how people can keep paying out for £500- mods.

some pics of mine
20022008048.jpg

20022008050.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

I live in the bradford area. Dont no how far reading is but i can imagine its a fair treck..lol. we should arrange a meet sum time, get all the young uns involved. Im pretty glad theres some more young ones on as you can relate to each others situations and share the same passion... Clatch im a civil engineer in structural design... plus i have no mortgage and kids to worry about :) just the girl friend which can get expensive...lol. as the saying goes 'do it while your young' and another good one 'live the dream' live by these and you cant go far wrong. lol.

so urs is the pre-facelift ed??? im running gt3 brakes up front and struggling to find wheels to fit... how u manaage with the rs8's??? what spacers u running??

what would the best recomended brakes be and how much would i be expecting to pay

Yea its a pre face lift, the rs8s went straight on, not running any spacers, although if i do end up keeping the car ill change them to some sportec monos and put some spacers on, as i know where i can get the wheels from now!

I'm old:crying: but the insurance was very cheap:)

At 19 I had an X plate Cortina Ghia...:cool:

Kewl mate. what callipers you got up front??? they dont look half as big as mine.... got 10mm spacers with the standard avus wheels (et32) and they just clear.... any 1 no of any meets in the local area???

scott_johnson said:
I live in the bradford area. Dont no how far reading is but i can imagine its a fair treck..lol. we should arrange a meet sum time, get all the young uns involved. Im pretty glad theres some more young ones on as you can relate to each others situations and share the same passion... Clatch im a civil engineer in structural design... plus i have no mortgage and kids to worry about :) just the girl friend which can get expensive...lol. as the saying goes 'do it while your young' and another good one 'live the dream' live by these and you cant go far wrong. lol.

Have you seen me kicking around Bingley. I saw an S3 in Cottingley last Thursday.

AKY yes i believe i did see you . saw 2 black s3's with in the space of a week which is pretty rare to see any. where u live. we should meet up sum time!!

s3 rav, ive been told (and run them myself) that the 996 porsche (brembo) gt3 callipers are the best with the larger r32 disks. stops on a 6 pence.

scott_johnson said:
AKY yes i believe i did see you . saw 2 black s3's with in the space of a week which is pretty rare to see any. where u live. we should meet up sum time!!

I think I've seen you twice too mate last week. I live in Wilsden but don't tell anyone!! All my mates live in Bingley so if you see a black one driving like a nobhead thats me. I'll give you thumbs up next time I see you.

****** thought I was the only S3 in town. Time for a change.

where abouts in wilsden??? u really 17??? seen 1 in baildon aswell... cant have out these days. lol.

scott_johnson said:

Was gonna say it would be easier without a mortgage..... i think a lot of people who bought houses between 2000-06 are living off the equity aswell, also.... if i didnt have my mort id be in a new RS4 i reckon:hubbahubba: ...... although i am 28 so priority is now the long term....to be a boring fecker, the mort is staying for now grrrr:hi: :nyah:

scott_johnson said:

Careful...Glad your are enoying yourself, but living the dream can also get you into a wee bit of bother. I was 7K in the modification/ credit card hole after living the dream with a Porsche 944 at your age...Enjoy, but it's a car that will be worth little next to nothing in 10 years

Geez, i sound like a grumply old git...:icon_thumright:

Im 41, 1 child, mortgage on house and buying my S3 nearly killed me......well actually.....my missus did! lol. Bought a 2001 facelift with fash 104k in MINT condition for £6550. I now sleep in the garage with it cos my missus wont let me back in the house!:slap:

cheers scott. how much do they go for and where would be the best place to get them?

scott_johnson said:
s3 rav, ive been told (and run them myself) that the 996 porsche (brembo) gt3 callipers are the best with the larger r32 disks. stops on a 6 pence.

apparently not, with the huge brakes there's a problem with the master cylinder not being big enough irc! Unless this was changed as well? most people go for the gt kit.

S3 RAV. Ring corey at Quattronics on 01636822288. hes a major 20v turbo tuner.. i actually bought my car from correy (he was looking after it for some one and wanted to sell it) he provided and fit mine... he sells them and uses them on all of his quattros.. (hes got an 800bhp s2 with them on) if you ring him tell him 'scott that bought his s3 recomended u' hell no who i am. Infact he actually had a set for sale. i believe they were 500 quid new at a massive discounted price... looks the dogs aswell :).. hope this helps mate. Scott

MAN i'm 22 and would love a B5 RS4 just can't find the money and i'm on a half decent wage and doing when i'm young!
guy at work just bought 2001 M3 soft top and he's on less than me with morgage and kids also i really don't know how he affords i'm just glad my insurance is dropping finally! sub £500 bracket now!

Got another post in the s3 forum about my multi-function steering wheel and gear stick.... any 1 fancy swopping for the standard 3 spoke facelift steering wheel and gear stick??? also how much do u rekon its worth???

sitrials said:
MAN i'm 22 and would love a B5 RS4 just can't find the money and i'm on a half decent wage and doing when i'm young!
guy at work just bought 2001 M3 soft top and he's on less than me with morgage and kids also i really don't know how he affords i'm just glad my insurance is dropping finally! sub £500 bracket now!

He's probably borrowing against his house...... or hes been lucky with his last cars and not lost too much in residuals.... A mate at work was looking at a new M3 by borrowing out of his equity...dangerous stuff especially when you weigh up the advantages and disadvantages over the long term.....could get run over tomorrow i suppose so why not:respekt: