Boost Leak Detector help

guyl

Reaction score
My car has thrown up the 17705 fault code that relates to a boost leak somewhere, it looks like the ID of the pipe that the MAF attaches to is about 70mm.
I have looked in both Wickes and B & Q for some type of cap that i can pop in there with a valve on to pressurise the system to hunt the leak down, but havent had any luck.
Has anyone made one, and what did you use?
Thanks
Guy

Hi there.
My car has also been showing this fault code... 17705 ( Preasure drop between turbo and throttle valve) (check DV)

Ive been told this can be one of a few things...
the Divertor valve could be broken (standard ones do fail)
there could be a damaged pipe somewhere.
the throttle valve (throttle body) may need cleaning and resetting
There are a number of pipes under the throttle body which can/do perrish over time. So far i have found 1 damaged pipe under the inlet manifold and replaced it. I havent had a chance to VAG COM the car again yet as its in the body shop.
If you have vag com you can log the boost preasure which some tuners can read to help locate the leak... Ive done this and will be doing it again when it comes back from the body shop.

... I also swaped my Forge Spliter DV for a standard VAG item to see if this was the problem too.

The DV was replaced a year or 2 ago, so it shouldnt be that.

I've got vag com so i'll hopefully be logging blocks 32 115 and 116 at somepoint over the weekend.

Ive looked for split hoses, but couldnt see anything, mind you it was only a quick 5 min look in the office car park!

Thanks for your input

I've got the same 17705, have checked all the main boost hoses and the ones around the DV and the N249 valve; nothing. However on digging around further I have found a split in a pipe that acts an oil carrier the part is 06A 103 221AC. It is a hose that has three outlets to other areas and the split was hidden between them. See pick below, disregard the broken hose, the split is hidden just above my hand underneath the oil reservoir:
CIMG0641.jpg

how did the pipe feel. iv got a problem where i seem to be having boost and felt that pipe and it was abit "limp" compared to the rest. is this normal.? will have to probe more around it i think.