Headlamp Washers

c16wko

Reaction score
Ive just noticed mine aint workin no more? Any common things to look out for? :think:

When your fluid level is low, indicated by the annoying beep noise every time you start the car, the headlight washers no longer spray the headlights but you will continue to have windscreen wash for another week even in salty road shires!!!
Just a thought....

lol yeah thers pleanty of fluid in there.

When you say they aren't working do you mean that they pop-up but don't spray, or that they don't pop up.

The water pressure is what pops them up, so worth checking if you have a leak in the system (puddle under the car should be obvious). Also possible that if they haven't been used in ages then they have just got gummed up with road grime. You can prise them up out of the bumper with your fingernails and check they operate freely.

Seem to remember that you are supposed to use a certain washer fluid as well as the pipes are quite narrow and so can get gummed up with residue.

yeah they dont pop up. only been over last few days. worth checking hoses then and check movement ...

c16wko said:
yeah they dont pop up. only been over last few days. worth checking hoses then and check movement ...
DITO mine have just done the same bumper is coming off at weekend so i have a look at the pipe work. also the covers have become very loose not like they used to be maybe not retracking correctly??

Check the 20 amp fuse. I think its in position 33. Mine blew when we had sub zero temps up here and the pop ups had frozen to the bumper.

New fuse and they've been fine ever since. Worth a check and cheap!

chesney said:
Check the 20 amp fuse. I think its in position 33. Mine blew when we had sub zero temps up here and the pop ups had frozen to the bumper.

New fuse and they've been fine ever since. Worth a check and cheap!

Will check that now ...

cheers :icon_thumright:

:respekt: just nipped out to check fuse. sure enought, fuse 33, 20amp, popped!

cheers pal. saved me hours of chasing hoses out

Am i alone in thinking they are pointless, only help in using washer fluid far too quickly.
Nik.

i have to dissagree. i noticed mine wer not working because the lights seemed really dull. i find they help alot in poor weather. each to their own though.

Wash your car more often :)
Nik.
Only kidding........

c16wko said:
i have to dissagree. i noticed mine wer not working because the lights seemed really dull. i find they help alot in poor weather. each to their own though.

I know what you mean. My car is dark blue, the wifes mini is black but both look a strange shade of white at the moment.
Tomorrow calls for a washing session to get rid of the salf before it eats its way through the paint!!!

c16wko said:
ha in this weather, no chance lol :sadlike:

is there any way you can switch them off? i hate the streaks they leave on the bonnet!

I suspect you may have washed your car and it's then frozen over. Thats what happened to me.

Glad it worked for you:icon_thumright:

As for sitrials sounds more serious and hope its not too much hassle to fix. Electrical faults can be a real pain. My Pug 205 drive's me nuts:wacko:

2low4u said:
is there any way you can switch them off? i hate the streaks they leave on the bonnet!

well id assume just remove fuse 33 lol. :meeting: