Have You Had Your 1.8t Remapped? If So Please Tell Me About it

A3EDDIE

Reaction score
Hi
i'm new to the fourum and my 1.8t, I have just purchased my standard '98 1.8t and i am chuffed with my purchase but coming from a 33 Skyline GTR previously i could do with a little more umph. (Around 200bhp would suffice) without comprimising the fuel economy or the engine too much I would like to know what you think the best mods are to achive this! I have been reading on this forum and i got the impression that the a remap would be a good option, Can anyone comment more on this subect or even recommend me a garage where they had theirs done in he Hampshire area and give me a rough idea of what it will cost me.
Thanks all.

Get it remaped - the best £400 you'll ever spend! Its worth it for the grin factor. There's a few big players, Revo, Custom Code, APR etc. Are you looking for an agressive map or something quite smooth?

Def get it remapped! had mine done few weeks ago and couldnt be more pleased! I only have experiance with custom code, but would recommend them to anybody. It is not as agressive revo reportidly is, but has smooth power delivery, and pulls all the way to the red line. very noticable increse in bhp n torque def worth the money, only cost 260 quid. im not sure of the exact figures but they seemed to think it would be around the 190-195bhp mark.:respekt:

Wow why the change from the 33 GTR? The A3 must feel like a very Slow boat in comparrison!

Any-way back to the A3, What are your intentions for it? Just a remap and leave it? Or do you feel you want to mod it further?

If so, then its best to have all the mods on before the map, i have an AGU remapped with a few other bits it was fun at first but now im bored and im booked in at Jabba for a turbo upgrade that's just me though!

Where are you based?

J

Ahh see what you mean about the other mods before the remap. I would proberbly change the exhaust and air filter but not really looking to spend too much on the engine otherwise.Would it be better if i changed those first?
Its only the two wheel drive so thought that much more than 200BHP could be a bit hairy at times (I'm used to 4WD, Pulsar+33) and i am seriously thinking about getting the quattro version next year so i dont really wanna spend too much + this one will become the girlfriends. Fuel economy is also an issue so would not want another guzzler like the 33 at the mo.

Had to sell the 33 as i bought a house and needed as much money as i could get. :lmfao: My house does not have off road parking which was also a major factor in the sale.

But now things are looking up i'm really impressed with the A3 i love its size and like the fact it does not cost me an arm and a leg to get about but still puts a smile on my face when i need it to, Loving the idea of a heavily modified quattro 300+Break.

Here's a K03s
Then a custom remap from someone like custom-code or jabba,check their websites or give them a ring for prices.

How much do you want to spend !!

Why change the Ko3 to a Ko3's ?? its going to give you a big dent in your pocket for 15/20 hp...

Just Put a map on it (339+vat) and see what you think......

If its not what you thought it was have the dealer take it off..

what you got to lose ??

revomike said:
Why change the Ko3 to a Ko3's ?? its going to give you a big dent in your pocket for 15/20 hp...

Its not really a big dent for 20+bhp and the extra torque,for me it was worth every penny.
People regular spend more than the price of a Ko3s on exhausts which give nowhere near 20bhp gains.I kinow i did.

revomike said:
Just Put a map on it (339+vat) and see what you think......

If its not what you thought it was have the dealer take it off..

what you got to lose ??

Time messing around when it could be done right first time.

I am interested in getting a remap also, but not one company has e-mailed me back about my question below. This includes Custom code (main website and storm developments, (Revo - Fontain - they were keen for me to get a remap in person, but did not fill me with confidence in relation to the extra capcity of my Auto Box), (AMD Technik, Surrey - although they did sound confident enough on the phone), And, just e-mailed VAGcheck I await their reply. Also, two independent companies near me.

I also asked on here...Sorry for jumping in, just really, really frustrated and to be fair am all but done with the idea of a remap...

E-mail below....

RE: Audi A3 1.8T 2000 (Auto) -

Just a quick question in relation to a Stage 1 remap. I have been thinking for some time about getting a remap for the above mentiond car. However, I am more than a little concerned that the extra BHP generated by your Remap will be lost on my Automatic Gearbox, or, worst still, cause damage to the internals of this part.

Can you help me with this concern,

Thanks,

Craig

K03S With FMIC and other bits and pieces you can see ALOT more than 210 BHP.

Dave-Bayern on here saw 250 BHP with a RR Print-out dont know hhow acurate that was though...

Jason

A3_Turbo said:
K03S With FMIC and other bits and pieces you can see ALOT more than 210 BHP.

Dave-Bayern on here saw 250 BHP with a RR Print-out dont know hhow acurate that was though...

Jason
Ive seen quite a few get to 240bhp.Ko3's and a custom remap is by far the best bang for the buck you will get on an AGU.

I have also e-mail REVO central to see what they say. This is the last throw of the dice from me..

Good luck if you go for the remap mate

Some really good info here guy's. Ive had a look at the custom code website and i think i will go with the stage 1 mapping on a standard setup, they imply on their website that you can get the stage 1 remap to begin with then see what you think, if this is not enough then they recommend that you upgrade turbo's etc then get a stage 2 Remap with 40% discount. I cant wait,

Would prefer a company which is a bit more local to me as the nearest custom code to me is Brighton.

Any recommendatins of places to get a remap closer tome. I'm located in Portsmouth Hampshire!

Thanks