Monster MotorsportVolks Autos

Thread: Split pipe Help

Jay
    2nd Gear

Status

Split pipe Help

Hi guys,

Ran vagcom which came up with 17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)

I think i've found the problem (see pics). The split is about an inch in length I've taped it up for the mean time and ran vag com again. The error hasn't come back but obviously car's running a bit funny.

How big a job is it to get this fixed? and anyone know how or why this could have happened.

cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    That's definately not wear & tear, somebody has definately dropped something on it
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

6th Gear

Status
    Got the same issue on my S3 - 17705 and a split pipe. Found the split hideen between two pipes, looks to have just worn away; yours on the other hand does look 'forced' rather than worn. Even so, find the part number get a price and get it changed, looking at it you only have to undo a couple of clips; same as mine. So should only be a 5 min job once you have the part.
    Jester
    "On my second S3 and loving it. RS3 here I come!!!"

Jay
    2nd Gear

Status
    That did cross my mind... the only thing i've had done recently which would have involved removing the cover is a spark plug change even then i was stood next to the mechanic whilst he was changing them.

What is this pipe? does it have anything to do with the turbo?

Jester - was it the same pipe that had split on yours?

Reverse Gear

Status
    it looks like an oil carrier line?? best bet is to take it to audi, and get a part number and make sure you get new jubilees aswell.

1st Gear

Status
    I found the same split pipe on mine on the weekend,it had turned into a stretchy rubbery mush and had splits all over. its a crankcase breather hose, I got a replacement from the vw stealers cost 29!! part number is 06a103221bh.

when replacing it i found the pipe that it joins onto was split too..bugger that cost me another 32..

I also had the 17705 error and found the small vacuum pipe on the diverter valve was barely on, re-secured it, and boosts much stronger again.

Jay
    2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmo
    I found the same split pipe on mine on the weekend,it had turned into a stretchy rubbery mush and had splits all over. its a crankcase breather hose, I got a replacement from the vw stealers cost 29!! part number is 06a103221bh.

when replacing it i found the pipe that it joins onto was split too..bugger that cost me another 32..

I also had the 17705 error and found the small vacuum pipe on the diverter valve was barely on, re-secured it, and boosts much stronger again.

Didn't really need to hear that but at least i've got a good idea about costs involved.
    Was it pretty easy to fit?
    Thanks

1st Gear

Status
    It was dead easy to fit, you will need new jubilee clips, because the clips audi use are not reusable.

only took 10 mins ish. Its held on by 3 clips pretty self explanatory.

6th Gear

Status
    Like Emmo says check other pipes as well. Looks to be a different engine to mine so different split. Mine is the Oil Carrier line 06A 103 221 AC
    Jester
    "On my second S3 and loving it. RS3 here I come!!!"