Split pipe Help

Jay

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Ran vagcom which came up with 17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)

I think i've found the problem (see pics). The split is about an inch in length I've taped it up for the mean time and ran vag com again. The error hasn't come back but obviously car's running a bit funny.

abb11cfc.jpg

5ce46068.jpg

How big a job is it to get this fixed? and anyone know how or why this could have happened.

cheers

That's definately not wear & tear, somebody has definately dropped something on it

Got the same issue on my S3 - 17705 and a split pipe. Found the split hideen between two pipes, looks to have just worn away; yours on the other hand does look 'forced' rather than worn. Even so, find the part number get a price and get it changed, looking at it you only have to undo a couple of clips; same as mine. So should only be a 5 min job once you have the part.

That did cross my mind... the only thing i've had done recently which would have involved removing the cover is a spark plug change even then i was stood next to the mechanic whilst he was changing them.

What is this pipe? does it have anything to do with the turbo?

Jester - was it the same pipe that had split on yours?

it looks like an oil carrier line?? best bet is to take it to audi, and get a part number and make sure you get new jubilees aswell.

I found the same split pipe on mine on the weekend,it had turned into a stretchy rubbery mush and had splits all over. its a crankcase breather hose, I got a replacement from the vw stealers cost £29!! part number is 06a103221bh.

when replacing it i found the pipe that it joins onto was split too..****** that cost me another £32..

I also had the 17705 error and found the small vacuum pipe on the diverter valve was barely on, re-secured it, and boosts much stronger again.

Emmo said:
I found the same split pipe on mine on the weekend,it had turned into a stretchy rubbery mush and had splits all over. its a crankcase breather hose, I got a replacement from the vw stealers cost £29!! part number is 06a103221bh.

when replacing it i found the pipe that it joins onto was split too..****** that cost me another £32..

I also had the 17705 error and found the small vacuum pipe on the diverter valve was barely on, re-secured it, and boosts much stronger again.

Didn't really need to hear that but at least i've got a good idea about costs involved.
Was it pretty easy to fit?
Thanks

It was dead easy to fit, you will need new jubilee clips, because the clips audi use are not reusable.

only took 10 mins ish. Its held on by 3 clips pretty self explanatory.

Like Emmo says check other pipes as well. Looks to be a different engine to mine so different split. Mine is the Oil Carrier line 06A 103 221 AC