EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Goodie Gum Drops

Status

Gear Box Oil Volume???

Have just about finished rebuilding my clutch and need to know how much oil the gearbox needs as 1 of the last jobs, have searched but cant seem to find owt, anyone got any ideas?

Cheers
    Black S3

2. # ADS
    ADS

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    takes 3.4 or 3.6 i think i remember looking it up the other week, there should be a level bung on the side of the box which you should be able to fill it up through, then keep fillling untill a little oil runs out the level hole that will then beat the correct level. the bung should look similar to the one on the bottom of the box where you would have drained the oil

Numptie of the highest order

Status
    S3 is 2.6L for the gearbox so you'll probably need to buy 3L and it should be done with the car level when filling.

Goodie Gum Drops

Status
    Cheers guys, any gear box oil do the job?
    Black S3

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    thats the one sorry 2.6 you want 75 w 90

Goodie Gum Drops

Status
    Ahh sound, down to local motor factors in the morning then...
    Black S3

4th Gear

Status
    I cant remember if it needs to be GL4 or GL5 spec, have a search and find out. If you;ve just rebuilt it i'd go for a decent synthetic oil

jimbo s3

Status

trouble getting part to undo gearbox bung.

hey guys just a quick question ive got an s3 and want to change the oil in the gearbox. but i cant seem to get hold of the tool to undo it with! its like a allen key fitting but its got alot more teeth on it and it needs a hole in the end as on the gear box bung there is a lump of metel sticking out the middle of the bung im assuming this is so you have to take it to audi and get it done with them. well im not doing that!! any help where i could find one of these bits would be great thanks guys.james

Neutral

Status
    Hi mate , changed my gearbox and rear diff oil a few weeks ago , used 75/90 castrol syntrax semi synthetic for the box took 2.6 ltrs
    and genuine audi oil for the rear diff 1 ltr . The tool you need is a multi spline drive with a hole in the middle . So you need a special tool ,
    got mine from ebay for a tenner ! its an M16 tamperproof spline , try consolidated tools .
    Cheers ,

Ant

Limp mode

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jspilsted View Post
    hey guys just a quick question ive got an s3 and want to change the oil in the gearbox. but i cant seem to get hold of the tool to undo it with! its like a allen key fitting but its got alot more teeth on it and it needs a hole in the end as on the gear box bung there is a lump of metel sticking out the middle of the bung im assuming this is so you have to take it to audi and get it done with them. well im not doing that!! any help where i could find one of these bits would be great thanks guys.james
    I've found GSF sell all the tools to do any servicing on Audi's.
    Previously known as mark_sarah