VW mk4 exhaust on Audi A3

abdus

Top Gear
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just wondering whether the systems are same on both cars? straight fit?

Thanks

I think there's a slight difference but i'll be ******** if i can remember what

might be something to do with the tailpipes needing the bumper cut or something

I have a jetex MK4 golf cat back system on my A3. They fit fine. With my particular system, the rear valance needs to be cut to accomodate the tailpipes. This is the same for the golf.

The A3s have a hidden valance that needs trimming to accomodate the pipes, otherwise, yeah the same.

I have a Mk4 Milltek on my A3, it sticks out a little more than it would on the Golf but its OK.

It definitely fits,golf mk4 and beetle and a3 have the same exhaust system.
i've got a remus system on mine and the backbox was from a beetle, fits perfect.

just get a down turn tip system for a mk4 golf/gti.

i have a 3" turbo back from 42 draft designs, with a down turn tip and it fits great with no bumper trimming.

patrick swayze said:
just get a down turn tip system for a mk4 golf/gti.

i have a 3" turbo back from 42 draft designs, with a down turn tip and it fits great with no bumper trimming.

that's what I actually want....turned down it keeping the bumper standard

HTC said:
I'll look good, but the downturn type are loud. If you're not fussed about noise, then its the easiest option.

ah, I thought the downturn one would be quiter...hehe

might go for the normal staight one then...what's the size of the tips that looks good?

i dont really think its any louder at all honestly. all depends on what system you get.

What I've seen (or perhaps heard), indeed noise levels will depend on the differing brands and designs, but generally the noise from the down turned (or discreet) systems trap the sound under the car. This can be heard more in the car by the driver.