boost controler on s3

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
hi new on here and new to the s3,

ive been looking into upgrades and come across a boost controler from micro dynamics on deamon tweeks which is designed for the vag engine, was wondering weather anyone has one or weather its necasary if im going to get a custom re-mapp?

alsothe car grinds into second gear when cold is there a common problem or is it likely to just be the 2nd gear syncro nackered.

I would stick with getting a custom remap, rather than just upping the boost

kev, iv found the same thing. my gear changes seem to be shocking especially when the cars cold, have to really plant your foot to the floor when changing

That could be the synchromesh could also be gear oil getting low wrong viscosity or clutch.but more than likely i would say synchro

danotto said:
That could be the synchromesh could also be gear oil getting low wrong viscosity or clutch.but more than likely i would say synchro

im dude to service the car in couple off weeks so was going to change the gear oil and bleed clutch with new fluid see if it makes any difference, i also susspect syncro's butt hought id just see if anything common like gearlinkage or so before wasting my time