Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

What are the best coil packs?

.....for a 2002 S3 225 bhp (BAM engine).

From what l understand there are different types/qualities.

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    The audi recomended coil packs for the facelift cars are push fit, the latest revision is L (I think) although I haven't bought any for a while.

If your having trouble with a coil pack popping up you may be able to use the pre-facelift hitachi packs that bolt down onto the engine block (I'd suggest you check the engine block for bolt holes first though).
    S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8's & Eibach Springs, Neuspeed ARB's (22mm front & 19mm rear).

Badger 5's Machined Discs with DS2500 pads & HEL braided lines.

1st Gear

Status
    I bought one 2 days ago.

# 06B 905 115 R 25+vat from Audi.

They have had a few revisions!

Also....Just been out for a long drive and 2 mins from my house! BANG, Engine warning light flashing, and engine sounds like its snapped a rod!!

Scared the hell out of me,

Get home slowly...., plug it into vagcom, get a Multiple Miss Fires Fault, Cylinder 1.

I changed the coil pack in cylinder 4 the other day trying to cure my hesitation problem, so i had the old 1 in the garage.

In a mad panick i changed the pack in cylinder 1 with the one i took out the other day and..... it cured it.......Phew!!

Cant believe how lucky i was that i changed the pack and had a spare, and that i was so close to home when i happened!!

It was a revision H that just went, so fairly old!

They sure dont sound nice running on 3 cylinders!!! lol i was so convinced it was something mechanical!!

Will deff be carrying a spare around with me!!

James
    Last edited by jm-baker; 16th February 2008 at 22:46.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeA3
    The audi recomended coil packs for the facelift cars are push fit, the latest revision is L (I think) although I haven't bought any for a while.
    As has been said, the latest seems to be the 'R' revision.
    They are still push in.

If your having trouble with a coil pack popping up you may be able to use the pre-facelift hitachi packs that bolt down onto the engine block (I'd suggest you check the engine block for bolt holes first though).
    I've heard these work well...being made by Hitachi (and not Beru) I believe they are also a good replacement.

They bolt to the cam cover of the 1.8T (not the block) and as far as I know, all 1.8T cam covers have the 6mm threaded holes required to use the Hitachi type coil packs.

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

Numptie of the highest order

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ess_Three
    They bolt to the cam cover of the 1.8T (not the block) and as far as I know, all 1.8T cam covers have the 6mm threaded holes required to use the Hitachi type coil packs.
    They still fail though... or maybe it's just me