Revo trail remaining?

DaveMK^

Reaction score
Alright chaps me again :keule:

Still waiting for audi to get the temp sender and thermostat to replace after the failed after the trail was implemented.

Ive now read posts saying it remains on your ecuand your car is infact slower than the standard map.

I will be seriously f**ked off if this is the case. Can someone shed some light?

it seems likely that the revo goes back to a stock revo setting ie back to 0.9 bar (or whatever standard is) as i have read and believe there is not enough space on the EPROM to store the new and old maps. why would Bosch make the ecu capable of storing two maps when the car manufactures only require space for one? it would cost more to manufacture and would be a waste on any un tunned cars

So I should of pulled my trousers down at bent over before the trial?

I wonder if there are any insurance implications after the trial reverts to 'stock'. surely the car is still classed as modified, if there was an accident and the insurance found the ecu was modded, even though it was only making stock ish power im sure they could make an issue??

I'm a bit surprised your asking this now. Best advice if always do your research before not after making a decision.

Having said that, I don't think the Revo will be significantly different from the stock map. Not enough to be noticeable anyway.

I'd skip the trial and just get it mapped anyway. Once you have it there is noway you'll go back! You will never get such grin inducing performance for such a small outlay.

Just get the temp sender problem sorted and then get the car mapped. I used Revo on my old Golf 1.8T GTi and it was great. The car was chipped with under 1000 miles on it and I sold it with over 100k and never had a single problem with the revo mapp.

All trial maps over write the std one. After the trial ends, the boost is dropped to std levels and that's what reduces the performance.

It has been said that the std map is better than a low boost performance one. If you don't intend to get a full Revo or map from someone else then maybe it would be better to have it flashed back to standard?

Gavin

DaveMK^ said:
Alright chaps me again :keule:

Still waiting for audi to get the temp sender and thermostat to replace after the failed after the trail was implemented.

Ive now read posts saying it remains on your ecuand your car is infact slower than the standard map.

I will be seriously f**ked off if this is the case. Can someone shed some light?

I actually can't understand what you've typed there.

'Still waiting for Audi to get the temp sender and thermostat to replace'?

'After the failed after the trail was implemented' ?

HUH???

I'm not having a go at your grammar Dave, I simply don't know what you're saying.

After reading your reply to another post you seem to be blaming REVO for the failure of your temp sender which is absolutely ludicrous, I suggest you do some homework/research before flaming someone or a company just because you've had a purely coincidental bad experience.

I empathise with your frustration but surely you must realise that you've had a FREE trial which has pinpointed some existing problems with your car?

Stewart said:
I actually can't understand what you've typed there.

'Still waiting for Audi to get the temp sender and thermostat to replace'?

'After the failed after the trail was implemented' ?

HUH???

I'm not having a go at your grammar Dave, I simply don't know what you're saying.

After reading your reply to another post you seem to be blaming REVO for the failure of your temp sender which is absolutely ludicrous, I suggest you do some homework/research before flaming someone or a company just because you've had a purely coincidental bad experience.

I empathise with your frustration but surely you must realise that you've had a FREE trial which has pinpointed some existing problems with your car?

Your right it made no sense, probably something to do with being angry.

I had the revo trial and then the temp sensor/thermostat went what seems to be like during the remap as the whole way home the temp was stuck on 60. So my car drives like a bag of nails as you can imagine! I took my car to audi and they diagnosed the fault and will be replacing the temp sensor and then the thermostat if need be.

Im just annoyed that A) Ive been told by revo that "Yeah its funny quite a few people have had that problem during the trial" and B) My car wont even be as quick as it was before because revo stick there stock map on there.

Im not saying its not just bad luck and coincidence that it went but at this stage im left with a car that I have to drive like a grandad till monday. FUN!

I am amazed at how intelligent people can believe the rumours spread by ill informed people who think their remap is the best
Revo is a global company which makes an awful lot of money from its product yet it doesn't sink in with people that if it was as **** as they say it would not be in buisness would it ?
http://www.revotechnik.com/

MOST people dont do any research, or just go with something a ten minute search will turn up.

Revo isnt as bad as another UK based Chipped company, in fact no-where near, but its like Hi Fi isnt it.

People who have no clue buy Technics as they think its good.

Anyone whos got any sense wouldnt buy Technics if it came with free hookers.

Dave i'd even buy you if you came with free hookers

Dave_Bayern said:
People who have no clue buy Technics as they think its good.

I see you have this opinion about technics.

Id class the 1210/1200's decks as hifi and they are the 'industry standard' deck most used and world renowned and have been for years. so i think your taking BS :tocktock:

I said Hi Fi, not PA equipment, but if you want to get into decks, then they are STILL rubbish, I would say this though as i have a Linn Sondek

i do agree about stereo type stuff, it is pooh

I think your wrong Dave, people buy Technics to pave their patio's mate....

Tim