how hard / easy is it to fit jbs top mount?

edward_harris

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6
Reaction score
me again!

been looking at the JBS ihi stage 3 kit, how hard is it to fit the kit as they would supply everything? seeing as you dont have to take the engine out and i would like to do it myself and maybe learn abit more about the car! i would get my mechanic mate to help tho!

I guess it will come down to how confident and skilled you are. I have been playing with cars for a while and when my brother ****** his engine I thought can't be that bad. So off with the head and broke a head bolt, so out with the engine oil had turned a caramel colour. Off with the sump to check the bottom end, bearings shot. Decided to go the whole hog and did new rings, big ends, mains etc. Biggest job I had ever done, the only scary moment was after spending all that money on bits and then looking at all the pieces on the garage floor before reassembly and thinking I hope this works afterwards.

Started first time :)

If you fancy a challenge and can do without the car for a week or two then give it a go. I may even pop round to have a looksey.

lol well if its just a simple manifold, turbo down pipe and a few hoses how hard can it be?! JBS think they can do the lot in 2 days! And that includes mapping!