Few Arty Pics

Pat

Reaction score
Well was bored on sun so me and a friend who is a tad good with the camera thought we would take some pics before i put it up for sale in few weeks..

s3-RB2.jpg

s3-RB3.jpg

s3-RB4.jpg

s3-RB1.jpg

s3-RB.jpg

Just seeing what ya think

There are a couple of ways you can get results like shot 2...

Firstly, you can have two cars travelling at exactly the same speed, on a perfectly smooth surface, without even a slight variation in direction. Take a photo of the subject car from the first with a long enough shutter to blur the background - This is obviously damned hard work.

The other way is to use Photoshop/Photo-PAINT or any similar app... Firstly, you cut the subject to be kept sharp out to a new layer; next you create an adjustment layer/mask to the 'shape' you'd like to project add a gradient to give direction to the effect, then feather the area so it's not abrupt. Blur using a convetional blur, motion blur or smart blur (to get the effect to taste), and then put the layer with the 'sharp' subject back on top - et voila! :)

...Anyway, waffle over... They're some really nice shots! Good work :thumbsup:

Regards,

Rob.

FactionOne said:
There are a couple of ways you can get results like shot 2...

Firstly, you can have two cars travelling at exactly the same speed, on a perfectly smooth surface, without even a slight variation in direction. Take a photo of the subject car from the first with a long enough shutter to blur the background - This is obviously damned hard work.

The other way is to use Photoshop/Photo-PAINT or any similar app... Firstly, you cut the subject to be kept sharp out to a new layer; next you create an adjustment layer/mask to the 'shape' you'd like to project add a gradient to give direction to the effect, then feather the area so it's not abrupt. Blur using a convetional blur, motion blur or smart blur (to get the effect to taste), and then put the layer with the 'sharp' subject back on top - et voila! :)

...Anyway, waffle over... They're some really nice shots! Good work :thumbsup:

Regards,

Rob.

Rob, wtf are you doing working at scan lol, get yourself into a design company and start earning some proper wonga :)

:lmfao: cheers for the sentiment mate! :)

As it happens, I don't actually work for them any longer. I started a week's training in London yesterday for new job. I'm doing technical stuff for a media research firm who deal with TV statistics now. It's very different to Scan, in some ways that's very much for the better, others not so much; but it's an alright package and it's where I want to be (NB: location now no-longer shows ' / Lancashire' ).

I think I'll still be on the lookout for new things though - I'll bear your suggestion in mind mate! :beerchug:

Hope you, mrs and little one are all good bud! We'll have to catch-up next time I'm visiting back 'oop north!

Regards,

Rob.

Ahhh here we go... It's not the *exact* effect but it gives a pretty decent idea of the method involved...

http://www.idigitalemotion.com/tutorials/guest/blur/blur.html

Combinations of blur and zoom (to a vanishing point) effects give the best results, but most of the practice is in that link. You can get really creative with it depending on how much you use the gradient...

Anyway back on topic, and once again, great pics! :)

Regards,

Rob.