replica bbs le mans

mad max

sixth gear
Reaction score
just been reading on another site about bbs lm replicas.wasnt aware you could get replica bbs alloys anyone on here got them on their s3.and if you could show me some photos:icon_thumright:

DPM are doing a group buy on UKmkivs selling the 18" for £550 wheels only, each wheel weighs approx 10.1Kg and comes in either 5x112 or 5x100 so suits both generations of A3/S3.

I'm really tempted but would like to someone else to take the plunge first so they can check out the quality, if a bit closer to the north east I'd take a ride up there.

Hope this helps..

ive got them and there great my mate has original lm wheels and says mine look better and i think hes right maybe because the reps are more deeper then the originals? try take some pics and get them up soon!

S3 SAF said:
ive got them and there great my mate has original lm wheels and says mine look better and i think hes right maybe because the reps are more deeper then the originals? try take some pics and get them up soon!

Whats the quality of the paint finish like mate?
Do they feel good on the road too?

S3 SAF said:

I know which will be stronger...and the only ones I run.

well ive seen safs s3 and the LMs look fantastic and look better than the original ones and cos of saf im buying a set my self.......WINK-WINK saf..lol

cheers jim. by the way EssThree im not saying the reps are stronger then the originals but dont really see the extra £1500 worth quality to them for me, but if you can afford them why not! ash the quality is very good and if you do curb the rims it cost £20-£25 to put a new lip on as the garage told me. but i must say that from having light weight 18" previously ive felt these are heavier then them but im not gonna be tracking my car or doing 1/4 miles drags. they look good and im happy.:icon_thumright:

A new lip for £25?
I thought the BBS replica LM and GT wheels were one peice, ie fake split rims?

sory guys not replace the lip due to it being one piece as stated by simch they re diamond cut the lip for £15-£20

saf, we need pics mate!

some of the whole car and some close-ups please!!

im gonna try take some on the weekend. ash i hope you aint planning on getting these wheels for ur car mate?

I knew the 'fakes' were single piece...these people will tell you anything to get you to buy them!

As for getting the rims re-diamond cut...if you really kerb obe, there isn't enough alloy on them to re-cut.
You'd need to weld them up and then turn them down...as the lips are pretty thin.

Basically...in my view, you either buy the cheap fakes and throw them away when you bend or kerb one...or buy the BBS which you can rebuild.

As you say...the price difference is pretty big...so you can afford to bin quite a few fakes for the cost or a real set.

ash im sorry to say bud, but you wont be able to fit them on top of ur enormous brakes!.... i just about cleared mine with 15mm spacers and when i say just about, i mean just about. you will understand what i mean when i get the pics up.

Your jokin!!!!!!
My tt reps fit fine with no spacers!
suppose the spokes are further back in the wheel to allow for the 'deep dish'

thats right due to the deep dish you wont be able clear ur calipers unless you grind the inside of the spokes but that will just weeken the wheel. sorry mate