Anyone sprayed the side trims + rear bumper insert black?

GT130

Reaction score
Thought it may look good against the black window surrounds on a silver S3.

Understand they are sprayed that grey colour to start with..

Any thoughts on this or even links to owners car shots that have done this?

Cheers

do you mean the bottom of the rear bumper ??
audi111002.jpg

Jeffers - was it easy to paint, looks really good in black.

I would like to paint the rear plus side mouldings that stick out - the black would tie in great with the black of the window surrounds etc

yea it was easy mate i had it done when i had the car painted looks a little different also had the sides coded...
audi111005-1.jpg

i don,t have an account for pics, in my gallery you can see pics of my dolphin grey s3 which has gloss black, bumper inserts, sideskirts and roof..

it looks much better, especially on a grey car where the original finish just blended in and never quite looked right.

Really want to see pics of your S3, Never seen an S3 with a gloss black roof im guessing it looks awesoem though!

J

look in the gallery part of this Forum search for S3's and you will find my Dolphin Grey S3 ..its the one with Porsche wheels. you will know when you see it.

That looks awesome with all the black detailing and the roof. Loving the wheels too.

thanks....but unfortunately i kerbed one few weeks ago...1st time in 10 years of owning these wheels (used to be on my Porsche 944 Turbo)...gutted.
I had them polished and i dont really like them...so will be getting them diamond cut again!!

I will post a few more pics when i get home...never realised it was so easy to add pics...

this is my project car (just testing photo bucket!) ..Mk2 VR6 Turbo (or will be as it is in the garage ready for me to take the head off !!!)

IMG]http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj102/sajvr/DSC00108.jpg[/IMG]

No i am a member of Westsidevw, but i do know the guys at ED38 (good bunch of guys).

If you want to see some of the best VAG cars in the UK you may want to come to our Westside Show'N'Shine on 7th of September this year, it will be a week after the Edition 38 show, but you can expect to see some very special cars.
I'll post some details on this forum for anyone that is interested (but from reading other threads on this forum , there will probably be some smart alec who will start making rude comments about modified cars....)

Keep an eye on our Website for more info: westsidevw.co.uk

Ps take a look at this months PVW magazine, thats one of our cars on the cover (as were 5 other cover cars over the last 12 months or so).

Both cars are stunning mate, i think the s3 looks mint with those porche wheels and the black trim is a nice touch too!

thanks Jaywoo, its not going at all at the moment ....the turbo still needs to be fitted, but as a stock 2.8vr, it was quicker than my Stock S3.

hopefully will have the VRT setup up and running in a few months...looking at around 350bhp and same again for torque. ..6 cylinders and a turbo its the only way to go for real power!

Thanks gazzaone....will post a few more pics tonight on a new thread so that anyone that wants to see what gloss black looks like will get a good idea...don,t want to hijack someone else thread!!

SAJVR - lovely cars mate, great stance on the S3 in the bottom picture - looks very fat..

Edition38 - best show, been on the Dubforce stand a cpl of times when I had my Corrado G60...thanks for posting the shots as it's made my mind up to paint the trims - side and back in a matt black finish to match the window surrounds etc

Cheers

sajvr your s3 looks sweet.
i like the sills in gloss black.

i,m running 225/40/18's all round, 18x8.5 fronts and 18x9.5 rears

not quite happy with the stance yet..may go a touch lower and wider (with bigger adapters) all round 5mm.