Xenon conversion vagparts

I have the kit...got it in Dec 2003. It's absolutely spot on.

I actually took my kit out only tonight and put in the standard VW bulbs as I'm getting an Audi A3 this week and I wanted to make some cash on the vagparts xenons rather than leave them in the car for the stealer.

I've gone for factory xenons in the new A3 cause I just couldn't go back after having xenons.

110% recommend them.

[ QUOTE ]
CaTFiSH said:
I have an a3 without xenon... I want to buy the kit from vagparts... any of you have this kit?

i know about autolevelling and washers, i'll fit then later...
http://www.vagparts.com/pages/HID_install.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

See the 1997 Golf GTI installation instructions on that page?
That was written by me!

The kit's good...'nuff said.

I would be interested in a group buy. I've got a '95 A4. I would need to buy projector headlamps which would give H7 low beam and H7 high beam I think. So I would be interested in a kit! What prices are we looking at? I've seen 6000K ones for £145 on ebay.

We got a GB on UKMKIVS and they gave us a nice discount, Martyn in Vagparts is who to contact, don't bother with ebay and the like, I doubt it's the real thing.

They'll email you back personally if you send them one on the website.

I would be interested but how hard are they to fit?

Not hard, the main problem with installing for me was that you have to take the bumper of a MKIV off to do it cause there just isn't enough room for you to work.

You take a crimper and wire in the xenons and you need to secure two power ballasts which I screwed to the inside of the back of the radiator. It's more a less plug and play and they give you gromits to fill the hole that you need to drill in the back of the headlight COVER to fit the wires through to your bulbs.

It's simple enough if you're technically minded at all.

Umm Irish, Let me see if i can find the post on the MKIV's website that you made when fitting the xenons !!!

LOL.... In sure you didnt say it was that easy then !!! LOL

No well I didn't personally wire in the xenons but another member over on UKMKIVS did it for me but what I mean is if you have doen that kinda thing before then you'll be fine.

It melts nothing, the temps are all fine, I used mine for 3 months and not a bother with them.

Vagparts don't do shoddy stuff anyway.