EBAY Resistor Mod or Custom Code?

Dave_Bayern

Slipping at 3.5Krpm
Reaction score
Can I just halt these xxxx vs Custom Code threads for a while.

Custom Code.

No other remap is as good.

The end.

you cant beat a e bay resisitor mod, there the best thing money can buy, iv'e got 5 on my car and it is about a 1000bhp:racer: , LOL

yea i agree i have 2 on my s3 also and it made a massive difference now spins all 4 wheels in any gear and does 89 mpg not put it on the rollers yet but sure its around 700bhp ??? sound about right ....

i bought these resistor mod not 10 though only 1 and my powers upto 1000bhp at the wheels and thats with 1 , im thinking off buying those electric superchargers they sell , so should add 500bhp on top and on standard internalls cant wait :rockwoot:

I miss the turbo I had on my old LCR, so I'm getting one of them realistic 12v turbo's. Then I'm getting the resistor to up the boost even further.
EBAY Rocks!!:rockwoot:

:arco: i also fitted as resistor and my car transformed into a lamborghini gallardo,thank you ebay.

i have just looked on my drive and my car has turned into a bugatti veyron, i think it may have something to do with that 99p resistor i bought of e bay, thanks e bay you have made me the happiest e bayer alive

After all this talk about ebay mods i had a look and im getting two of these for my twin pipes.

MAKES YOUR CAR STAND OUT FROM OTHERS
SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A SUPER CHARGER FITTED????
WELL WHOS TO KNOW
So thay say.

we should start a thread up with cheap mods, and put this resistor at the top of the list

my mate did when he owned a saxo, i tried fitting it to my car and it didnt do jack ****, what a waste of 99p, claimed it gave you an extra 30bhp, i was only 18 at the time, they make £££££s each week the companys what sell them resistors, i wonder if you could sell a dirty pair of pants and claimed that they gave you an extra 100bhp if you rapped them round your air filter, i bet someone would buy them, LOL

jeffers999 said:
Has anyone actually ever tryed the resistor thingy .,,,, own up some one must have bought one ???

You think anyone is really that stupid?

1. How do you know what is best unless you have tried the others?

2. Most remaps now will be similar, there have been pioneering companies outthere for so long now, Revo, Superchips, Jabba, AMD that the newer companies will have plagerised all the good bits anyway.

3. Guy on TT forum had a CC remap and his motor blew up, due to what looks like det on cyl 1. Another guy with Ptorque had the same thing happen exactly.

Both these remaps seem very popular on that forum......maybe they are pushing some cars a little too hard?

1. I have personally had Superchips, Revo and Custom Code on the same car. I also used to work for a ChippedUK distributer.

2. This is true.

3. I reckon also true, although to their credit the remappers tend not to push things too hard and you have to download and change the settings yourself to do anything dangerous.

Fair enough. But not P Torque, Jabba, AMD, Upsolute....!?!

Truth is, they are all about the same, all maybe a bit different, some copanies better if you have a lot of additional mods maybe, for stock cars most are about the same.

SOme maps are different to each other, revo is very agressive mid range. For some that is "better", for others, smoothness is the key.
Also, some maps do better on different model cars. IN the AGU K03s shoot out at awesome, jabbas map won by quite a margin (RS GOLF's car), even up against cars on race gas.
Not necessarily a better map, maybe, but a better result on that car/spec.

My advice is avoid the cheap and nasty maps, but cheap does not mean bad necessarily, (Upsolute generic maps are great value by all accounts).
Try cars wiht similar spec to see what style of map you personally like and then go for it.
If you cannot do this stick with the big names, Revo, CC, Superships, Jabba, MRC etc etc and you will not go too far wrong.

or you could buy a resistor of e bay and have a bugatti veyron on your drive in the morning, there like magic them e bay resistors

Lets cut to the chase, the DIFINITIVE answer to which remapper is best iiiisss........... eeeeerrrrm.......... I don't know! :think:

Each to their own I guess. :)

AwesomeSarah said:
Oh I tell you what I wish I could find it , it was an absolute classic :tocktock: the guy was sooooooo funny
Oh come on someone find it , please......
Sarah

Was that the thread on corsac.co.uk or something like that?

If not then folding the rear seats down is as a popular mod lol

lol i read this too. was an sxi badged as an sri? kept tyres over inflated to decrease drag, never more than 1/4 of a tank to save weight etc ... :)

I fitted just the one resistor to mine, along with an electric supercharger, and a balsa wood rear spoiler

I broke the rolling road at tickover through having so much power :)

OMG,this is the best website ever 'Barryboys'

Apparently, taking a **** prior to take off reduces drag and the G-force exerted on your stomach whilst accelerating to optimum take off speed.

james0808 said:
After all this talk about ebay mods i had a look and im getting two of these for my twin pipes.

MAKES YOUR CAR STAND OUT FROM OTHERS
SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A SUPER CHARGER FITTED????
WELL WHOS TO KNOW
So thay say.

What worries me about those is if you look at the guys feedback so many people have actually bought them.

Here's me thinking that all the pondlife down the carpark have got supercharged Saxos (chavtoasters), Astras, Corsas etc. :Flush:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Job-Lot-50-Mod-Resistors-Add-5-20BHP-To-Engines_W0QQitemZ130196111441QQihZ003QQcategoryZ32094QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i might buy them, 5-20bhp each one, so that is a good 1000bhp if i buy 50, i could stick one on the roof, one on my windscreen, and the other 50 in my engine instead of oil, i will also fold my back seats down and pump my tyres to 38psi so i get more speed, and also reverse it into a brick wall to make the car lighter, obviously after the back bumper has fell of and tailgate