Temperature

Temp sender didnt sort my problem, looks like ill have to do the thermostat :(

Jay, yes its a Quattro, temp sender was easy although it took me a while to find it, its at the back of the engine under the blue electrical connection. I have not done the thermostat yet, looks a pain of a job but I am not paying a garage to do it, going to book a day off this week and get it done

I finally done, took me 3 hours!! Have to get a new dipstick holder. Lost quite alot of coolant. Also lost my adj hinged socket which wasted a lot of time. Engine is now warming up much better:rockwoot:

3 Hours!!!! :wtf:

Well done for doing it but I think I am going to book it in at auto-tech and just wait whilst they do it, they only want £20 for the labour if I supply the thermostat and O-Ring :happy:

Thought i'd see how a long journey affected the temperature. Basically was on the motorway for over 3 hours last night but the needle didn't move past 80 degrees.
Think i'm gonna get the thermostat changed by a garage as I dont fancy breaking anything.

Yeah I am usually ok with some things but that looks like a pain in the **** and for £20 its just not worth it

I can imagine me getting plastic dip stick shards in the engine or something daft like that!

Just wanted to add what happened with my car for any future peeps, I have an A4 with an AJL engine, thermostat was replaced today and I am so glad I got a garage to do it, its at the bottom of the engine at the front on my car, attached to the waterpump so its has to be done on a ramp, not sure about the A3 though

Had an air lock issue too, took a while to clear it but it eventually cleared and now it sits at 90 and I have noticed the oil temp goes up more now too

Another vote for thermostat here. My Emissions light came on about a month ago - turned out to be the temp sensor which i replaced. All was well for a few weeks and then my engine was overcooling, between 75-80 whilst driving moving up to 90 when in traffic. Just replaced thermostat and all is well. Needle sits bang on 90 on the gauge and it runs between 93-98 using the climate unit.