Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Temperature

In two minds

Status
    Temp sender didnt sort my problem, looks like ill have to do the thermostat

Jay, yes its a Quattro, temp sender was easy although it took me a while to find it, its at the back of the engine under the blue electrical connection. I have not done the thermostat yet, looks a pain of a job but I am not paying a garage to do it, going to book a day off this week and get it done
    Skint because of my car, the forums made me do it

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I finally done, took me 3 hours!! Have to get a new dipstick holder. Lost quite alot of coolant. Also lost my adj hinged socket which wasted a lot of time. Engine is now warming up much better
    Audi A3 54 plate 2.0 FSI Sport
    www.simplydents.co.uk

Mods - 11 Rear lights, custom front matt black grille, I pod connection, S3 rear spoiler.

In two minds

Status
    3 Hours!!!!

Well done for doing it but I think I am going to book it in at auto-tech and just wait whilst they do it, they only want 20 for the labour if I supply the thermostat and O-Ring

Jay
    2nd Gear

Status
    Thought i'd see how a long journey affected the temperature. Basically was on the motorway for over 3 hours last night but the needle didn't move past 80 degrees.
    Think i'm gonna get the thermostat changed by a garage as I dont fancy breaking anything.

In two minds

Status
    Yeah I am usually ok with some things but that looks like a pain in the arse and for £20 its just not worth it

I can imagine me getting plastic dip stick shards in the engine or something daft like that!

1st Gear

Status
    The main problem is access really apart from that its quite straight froward
    www.simplydents.co.uk

Mods - 11 Rear lights, custom front matt black grille, I pod connection, S3 rear spoiler.

1st Gear

Status
    Jay if you need advise on how to do it let me know
    www.simplydents.co.uk

In two minds

Status
    Just wanted to add what happened with my car for any future peeps, I have an A4 with an AJL engine, thermostat was replaced today and I am so glad I got a garage to do it, its at the bottom of the engine at the front on my car, attached to the waterpump so its has to be done on a ramp, not sure about the A3 though

Had an air lock issue too, took a while to clear it but it eventually cleared and now it sits at 90 and I have noticed the oil temp goes up more now too

1st Gear

Status
    Another vote for thermostat here. My Emissions light came on about a month ago - turned out to be the temp sensor which i replaced. All was well for a few weeks and then my engine was overcooling, between 75-80 whilst driving moving up to 90 when in traffic. Just replaced thermostat and all is well. Needle sits bang on 90 on the gauge and it runs between 93-98 using the climate unit.
    2001 Facelift S3, Custom Code Phase 1, Forge 007p

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12