custom exhaust!

antonio2131

Reaction score
ive booked my car in to a place called long life in preston in 2 weeks to have my cat back system custom built. anybody give me the details as to what i want? its going on a a3 1.8 t-sport.
i want to get the right sound.

SIZE OF PIPE TO USE

NUMBER OF SILENCERS TO HAVE

SEMI SPORT OR FULL SPORT SOUND

i want to make sure i dont have a stupidly noisy car but at the same time i want it to sound really good as most turbo cars have the potential to give off. any ideas?

pics?

I went to Long-life near where i live ive got a 3inch Oval on mine mated to a Full turbo back miltek system.

I personally wouldnt go there again i asked for mine to be not too loud 6 months later its loud as ****!

Its alrite at first but does get on your nerves i think quiet with a nice induction noise is much better!

Jason

If your going to Preston then goes abit further down the M6 and go to BlueFlame in Skelmsdale, I had a system built by them on my XE Corsa and it was by far the nicest built, fitting and sounding system I had seen.

2.25inch max pipe I reckon, too big and it will lose gas speed.
I would have a centre silencer and try to get an s3 style big rear centre silencer fitted, space limited maybe. But the miltek on my mk4, standard style abckbox, and the s3 are chalk and cheese sound wise, the mk4 is horribly boomy.
A bit rear silencer is what you wantto avoid drone, but give a nice rasp on booting it!

hi mate i had a system on my a3 turbo from longlife in carshalton, which was mild sport or something but all i did was asked them to make it only slightly louder than standard and i opted for a nice subtle twin similar to the s3 has which they had to trim the bumper to get it to fit correctly i was very pleased with mine, the service was good too as i took it back as it was too loud and they sorted it out for me!

simple bit of advice. dont use longlife.
jetex has worked well on my golf

yeah dont use any of these custom companys such as longlife , powerflow, they are crap to be quite honest, go to a well known custom place like blueflame, there exhausts are very well built, and the guys have been building exhausts most of there life so know the ins and outs, unlike powerflow and longlife where they just employ someone and chuck them on a 2 week training course

Had a powerflow job fitted to my old 306 s16, from the manifold back and it sounded mint for the first 4 weeks. After that the gasket blew out the joint and it sounded pants, Powerflow wanted nothing to do with it and i was left to fix the exhaust my self. End of the day you get what you pay for, avoid custom made ***** unless it is of ultra high quality!!!

I say go for the Blueflame, as the quality is much better than other custom jobs like powerflow etc.

We had a blueflame on our Lexus IS200 the welding was neat and the exhaust fitted perfectly first time no rattles or bumps. It also sounded fantastic and smooth, no boominess at cruising speeds etc.

ive got a long-life exhaust system and had no problems with it and ive tryed powerflow and the only custom thing they do is the pipe work as they buy there back and center boxes pre made.as for blueflame heard good and bad.maybe give pipewerx a call mate as they are ment to be good.