A3 3.2 chip

peterchalkley

Reaction score
Hi.. What is the best way to increase power to my 3.2 dsg A3 ??? I have heard that amd are really good.... any other suggestions ?

AmD are the best. Problem with DSG is that the torque has to be limited as the tranny cant cope with it.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
richy said:
so its not wise to put a chip on if you have DSG?

[/ QUOTE ]

It can be done, but i believe they limit the torque slightly. If you plan to modify, its best to go for manual. Its a shame they didnt make the DSG stronger!

Rich

humm.. but to be fair the 3.2 is fast enough for me till im 21..

cos then the real fun begins at 21! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

muhahahahahha...

Thats really interesting.... wasn't pointed out when I purchased the car... cheers for the info /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
richy said:
same.. but they dont really plan on you chipping and modding the hell out of the car so its information they dont need to tell you! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! If something breaks due to modification, then its money in their pockets. Why would they tell you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
richy said:
cos then the real fun begins at 21! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you get reasonably priced (in comparison now) insurance!! Only 4 months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Making anyone feel old yet? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was under the impression that chipping would not add much value to a normally aspirated car.
most of these engines today are pretty close to thier limits at standard,. someone will correct me if im wrong, but you will get only minor gains through chipping etc..
and therefore need to look at other things like breathing and cam changes etc,

agree.. but by chipping it you release a % gain..

so everytime you add 10bhp for a mod like for eg a filter if the chip has a total % gain of 15% you will gain another %15 on the filter..

so adding 200bhp to a std engine plus a chip adds another 30bhp...

but remember a chip doesnt just improve bhp it improves petrol eatting abilitys and a few other things making it an overall performance mod and not restricting it too improving one thing..

I meant to say with chipping after the exhaust has been done. This makes the 3.2 over 270bhp. Its at this stage you need to limit it.

Rich

Only thing i would do is chip mine and put a Carbonio Cold Air Intakes

carbonio3s.jpg

thats it probably...

then onto the new S4 or RS4 when it comes out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif