Weitech 40mm kit

S3_Pricey

Reaction score
Had the weithech ultra GT 40mm kit fitted to my car today. very pleased with the results, the handling has been greatly improved while at the same time the ride is better than on the original suspension. It is firm but no longer has the horrible crashing feeling of the oringinal setup, I feel like I dont have to worry so much about avoiding bumps. it looks great aswell although im unsure of the final drop as they havnt had a chance to bed in yet. so far i would rate this kit, and recomend it to anyone who doesnt want to spend too much on new suspension. thanks DPM!! the kit arrived in 3 days!:respekt:

glad you like it! I didnt think they did a 40mm kit though? DPM shows a 30mm and a 50mm kit for the 8L A3? I've got the 50mm kit on mine and I love it!

i didnt think they did a 40mm kit either but when i phoned up they said they did, n now dpm are showing it on their site, is only for the 1.8t tho it appears. very happy with the kit tho, top quality for the money:rockwoot:

Weitec's seem to be the suspension of choice atm when it comes to a3's i know i'm ordering a set asap.
Would be interesting to see some pics with the 40mm kit to compare with prawns 50mm.

will def post some pics, just bout to go to Twickenham to watch the rugby, but will get some pics tomorrow when it is light n have had a chance to give the old girl a clean:hubbahubba:

Im wondering when i lower my car how low to go.
Ive seen Prawns 50mm but hes on 17s
Ive seen a 30mm which are on 18s
But i wanna see ur 40mm on 18s.

I would get 18s on mine too, do you get any rubbing or touching when u full lock or u got a full load?

I think 40mm is just rite for 18s to avoid any rubbing. havnt had any problems on full lock n havnt had the car fully loaded either, dont think there will be any problems at the back tho cos there is loads of room under the arches n doesnt even look close to rubbing, will get those pics up ASAP:icon_thumright:

Im very happy with 30mm on 18's... (mines the non-turbo... might of been tempted by 40mm if it was) gives a good look and great ride quality and not very expensive at the same time.... same qualities I look for in a woman aswell.
weiteckit.jpg

mines at 50mm guys, and to be honest its not that low at all.

Without wanting to offend, I would recommend the 50mm kit every time, even with 18's. the car hasnt actually gone down 50mm at all you see, its only dropped about 40 from where it was.

Remember, the 'sport' models are claimed to be slightly lower from the factory, yet the '50mm kit' indicates 50mm down from standard, so in reality, most of us have a T Sport, so the drop isnt to extreme!

Id happly go down another 10-15mm on mine all round

I'll be fitting 18's soon too, its the last thing on my list to sort out some decent wheels. I'm confident I will get no rubbing at all :)

i dont know, they do very similar for sure. The pic was only taken day after the kit was fitted, so hoping it is still gonna settle a few more mm:unsure:

looks spot on IMO, too low looks like somethings broke

cheers guys, got some meguiar's shampoo n wax so will give the car a proper clean tomorrow if the weather is good, n post up a few more pics...:)

mine was taken minutes after gettin it back from the garage... i think they are around the same.

Graham and Daz
What else did you change mate?
Do you get any rubbing with your 18s?
Do you get rubbing on a full lock wheel?
Whats it like with a full car?
Whats it like on humps and i mean the small square humps rather than the normal ones, does it scrape the bottom of the car?

Please guys as much advice please as i am still deciding which way to go.

i didnt change nething with mine other than the springs and shocks. have had no problems at all will the steering on full lock and as yet have not had the car fully loaded, but i would not expect any problems there either as there is plenty of room in the arches n not even close to rubbing newhere. I think i could have gone with the 50mm kit like prawn's n still had no problems, but wanted to make sure so went for the 40. the car is fine over normal speed bumps, n havnt had to deal with ne of the small square ones yet so dont know there. hope that helps...:thumbsup:

I changed the bearings and bushes to new at the same time but thats just too save any further problems... at 30mm there no chance of any rubbing.... and the ride quality is better than ever... its only when you get to around 50mm or lower theres a chance of rubbing on the Arb or driveshafts but prawn has his on 50mm with no rubbing issues at all. Im really happy with mine at 30mm... more of an oem look.

Looks lovely mate, for some reason the back looks higher than the front, hmmm, probably jus me tho.

Where did you get your replicas from, im looking to get a set, but dont know who do good replicas, i thought urs were original ones off a TT, until i read your cars spec.

if your looking for replica wheels i would recomend a place called wheelbase. i just bought a set of 18" rs8 style replicas with tyres delivered next day for £475. they also do finance 6 months interest free.

im not sure how much mine is lowered by but the back definately looks a lot higher than it should.

antonio i would have sold my a8s in 18s for £400 only 2months old im after some bbs lms or the new audi a6 alloys.

antonio2131 said:
if your looking for replica wheels i would recomend a place called wheelbase. i just bought a set of 18" rs8 style replicas with tyres delivered next day for £475. they also do finance 6 months interest free.

im not sure how much mine is lowered by but the back definately looks a lot higher than it should.

Got any pics of your car with the new wheels on?
How low did you go?

i have got 19" alloys wasnt to sure whether i should get the 30mm kit or the 50mm kit...does anyone know if the 50mm will rub with the 19" alloys was also thinking of rolling out the arches. can this be done?